Our Big 4 client is currently seeking a Sr. Solutions Architect
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: Direct Hire/Perm - W2 only
Please send resumes directly to Melody Georgiou at email@example.com
* Candidate will have 10 - 12+ years' experience successful delivery of architecture for data management, analytics, data warehousing oriented (primary focus) and .NET (ability to work with) platforms in cloud hosted and on prem environments.
* Senior Solutions Architect role within the organization - oversees the technology architecture with focus on consistency, reusability, and technical integration of a product portfolio.
* Provides overall technical direction, guidance and definition of enterprise architecture solutions to effectively support the business strategy.
* Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
* Responsible for conception of solutions, building consensus and the selling and execution of such solutions.
* Serves as a technical expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines.
* A minimum of 10 + years progressively senior experience in application development and/or application architecture.
* Recommends emerging technologies and appropriate technical approaches for solutions.
* Will be working with all levels of technology from front-end technologies, server side technologies (web APIs on .NET, Python, Node.js), back-end data processing technologies and Cloud technologies in Azure and Amazon
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides technical and architectural leadership on various business and enterprise applications. Works with architecture, development, and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project. Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms. Acts as key technical trusted advisor and understands and contributes to product visioning, feasibility and architectural approach definition.
2. Manages and mentors other studio architects; approves application architecture designs, and lead technical design sessions with architects and developers. Provides guidance, oversight to the Development organization engaged on projects.
3. Partner with Product Owner and other stakeholders to understand the high-level requirements and business objectives, future strategic direction of the business/function; and make recommendations for business prioritization, roadmaps and product improvements. Provide leadership in refining the product backlog from an architectural standpoint.
4. Defines application technology strategy and architecture to ensure alignment with technology industry and Deloitte global standards, application technology roadmap, and business needs. Researches emerging technologies and solutions to solve complex business problems. Proposes and maintains reference architecture. Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles
5. Manages end to end delivery of projects including hands on involvement in architecture and design phases, creating/ documenting solution architecture/DAD. Enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies for architecture through the evaluation and adoption lifecycle.
6. Communicate with senior leaders regarding the architecture, discuss problems and recommend solutions and improvements.
7. Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers to define and review requirements. Advises and consults senior leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology solutions.
8. Facilitates and drives the analysis, design, and architectural definition of innovative solutions to address business and user experience requirements.
9. Coordinating vendor engagement, assessment and selection. May manage relationship with outside vendors.
10. Build, design and implement high-volume, high-scale responsive web front ends, web APIs, data analytics and machine learning solutions in the cloud. Bring new ideas in cloud, analytics, and machine learning software development.
11. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
12. Maintains relationships and collaborates with architects in other Architecture, Enterprise Architecture domains including application, infrastructure, security and business domains. Participates in architectural peer review activities, and performs design reviews to ensure alignment to the architectural approach