Technology Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
The DevOps/Software Engineer
reports to the Head of Site Reliability Engineering and will join our growing Site Reliability Engineering team. The individual will have the skills and experience to work closely with several teams across a vast array of business and technical verticals. We are looking for a well-rounded professional with a passion for emerging technologies. The individual will have development experience with relational and object-oriented databases, analytical ability and must be a solid team player. What You Will Do
- Engineering 24X7 Support Model for Cloud products
- Gain proficiency with current Self-service, Automation and Master Data Applications and proactively improve them.
- Develop REST APIs to provide integration solutions
- Master Data Warehouse Security and Performance Enhancements
- Data Integration between Master Data Warehouses including Service Now CMDB
- Drive enhancements throughout full life cycle from concept to final implementation
- Assist in the creation and upkeep of application best practices
- Participate and provide insight in the development of future Enterprise solutions.
Subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/techologies used in the space. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Manages the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Monitors project plans and budgets. Contributes to developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Develops reports in conjunction with the Fellow Architect which demonstrate business opportunities and road map strategies that add business value. Drafts proposals on infrastructure architecture needs for M&A activity, and supports the creation of executive summaries. This person is a subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/techologies used in the space. Consults and advises application development groups on solution architecture design.monitoring implmentation; recommending solutions based on BNYM and industry best practices. Acts as the lead for major incident resolution. Drives strategy to increase automation across the organization. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 8-10 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. The Experience You Will Bring
- Public Cloud experience (Azure Preferred)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with hosted or on premise Monitoring and logging solutions (ex: New Relic, Splunk, Elastic, Grafana, OpsRamp)
- Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) and NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
- Experience with automation and scripting (Python, Ansible, Teraform, PowerShell , etc.)
- Strong Linux Systems knowledge
- Experience Building REST APIs and API Design
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with any of the following tools a plus: GIT, TFS, Jira, Service Now, Jasmine, Jenkins
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team and technology community
- Financial industry experience combined with software industry experience would be ideal
- Demonstrated track record of contributing successfully to the delivery of large and visible, high quality projects
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with remote teams
- Must possess degree educated in a science discipline and must be genuinely interested in the core technologies that underpin modern software development (Computer Science/Computer Engineering degree preferred)