At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
Professional Services Consultants with significant security technology experience in implementing, upgrading and optimizing client security environments, with a demonstrated ability to lead projects.
How you’ll make an impact:
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry. Our consultants are billable resources on client engagements and have the ability to deliver with little supervisory oversight.
- Able to solo deliver or act as "point" for complex projects
- Acts as technical escalation point to assist other consultants.
- Lead in capacity planning and hardware specification recommendation efforts.
- Lead in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts.
- Design, implement and educate on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use.
- Provide knowledge transfer and post production support activities as necessary.
- Be an effective team communicator.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification.
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
- Acts as contributor in Optiv communities for solutions of focus
- Hands-on experience implementing Splunk
- Minimum of Splunk Architect certification preferred
- Experience in a customer facing/consulting capacity
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of five (5) years of related work experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of technical architecture experience
- Thorough understanding of large scale enterprise environments
- Desirable experience within one or more of the following Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA).
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems.
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to build consensus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs (40-50% travel)
- Valid driver's license in the US
- The successful candidate must hold related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
Why You'll Love it Here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs in order to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers