Health Technology - Sr. Splunk Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ... Work you'll do/Responsibilities
As a Sr. Solution (Splunk) Specialist
your main responsibilities will be the design, performance, implementation and capacity of the Splunk platform. Support System Administrators and developers to ensure the delivery of Splunk best practices and standards. Administer and integrate Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading COTS security and other tools.
- Assist users to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements.
- Perform implementation of security and compliance-based use cases.
- Perform maintenance and optimization of existing Splunk deployments.
- Communicate with customer stakeholders to include leadership, support teams, and system administrators.
- Ability to write and create custom dashboards, alerts, searches, and reports to meet requirements of various user groups.
Our Health Technology team implements repeatable solutions to solve our government clients' most critical health technology related issues. We advise on, design, implement and deploy solutions focused on government health agencies "heart of the business" issues including claims management, electronic health records, health information exchanges, health analytics and health case management.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to leverage reusable, interoperable and flexible solutions that will enable them to reduce costs, improve health outcomes and respond to public health crises. Professionals will use their deep health, government and technology consulting experience to strategically help solve our client's technology challenges. Qualifications Required
- 5+ years in IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, administration, or security
- Previous PERL/Linux shell scripting experience would be highly preferable
- Proven technical writing and creation of formal documentation such as reports, training material, and architecture diagrams
- Previous project experience with Ansible and GIT.
- Strong background designing, deploying, and maintaining Splunk Core and Enterprise Security on RHEL in a large distributed environment.
- Proficient experience with Splunk Search Processing Language and creating Splunk Dashboards
- General understanding of Splunk knowledge objects (e.g. fields, lookups, macros, etc.)
- Strong understanding of regular expressions.
- An in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues.
- Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network.
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Home office location will be in Lake Mary, FL
- Open to possible travel - up to 20%. ONLY if required based off project demand
How you'll grow
- Certifications are preferred.
- Previous Consulting or Healthcare IT experience a plus.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.