Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Cybersecurity Services’ (“SCS”) Data Discovery and Protection (“DDP”) team is responsible for the Firm’s data loss/leakage prevention service. We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join an elite team of engineers and analysts whose mission is to protect Schwab’s most valuable assets: its client information and their trust. You are a dependable and credible engineer who is relied upon by business and technology partners to deliver data security initiatives, metrics, reporting and optimizing operations. Our ideal candidate is an engaged, confident, self-starter who can apply their strong aptitude for critical thinking to solve difficult problems, execute, and deliver through iterative control tuning and release cycles.
What you’ll do:
- Formulate appropriate data protection and data quality monitoring/response rules to enforce a variety of corporate security and compliance policies.
- Continually evaluate effectiveness and effectiveness and efficiency of data protection systems; as needed tune security configurations to reduce false positive events while improving detection of high quality, quantifiable and actionable risk events.
- Be responsible for all aspects of operational and project-related functions pertaining to data loss prevention and data governance technologies.
- Monitor system performance and health; perform remediation as needed.
- Gather requirements, design, test, implement, operate, troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of problems.
- Leverage, follow and support Agile/Kanban practices. Deliver new and improved data protection capabilities, analytics, visualizations, reporting, and actionable value-added risk intelligence in short, sprint-like outcomes.
- Provide risk-mitigation recommendations to SCS; create (or review and validate) requirements to maintain or enhance technical and operational controls that pertain to the protection of sensitive data.
- Liaise with enterprise and security architecture, governance, risk, onboarding, and production support teams to build and maintain durable data security solutions.
- Coach, mentor and develop less experienced engineers and analysts.
What you have:
- A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Information Security, or Computer Science is required; candidates with other educational background may be considered if they have relevant and commensurate experience.
- Continuing professional education, with security certifications such as CISSP or SANS is preferred.
- At minimum, 8 years of enterprise-level system administration experience is required, with strengths in the following technical areas: Operating system administration (Windows and Linux), scripting (e.g., Windows and Linux shell, VB, Python, Java, Perl), developing requirements, system analysis, system development, change management, and implementation.
- Three or more years of engineering experience within an enterprise data security team is preferred. Experience supporting technologies and applications that are subject to high levels of audit and regulatory oversight, and a good understanding of information security principles, best practices and security technologies is required.
- Strong functional familiarity with one or more of the following: CASB, protection of SAAS data, database administration (e.g., MS-SQL, Oracle); SMTP messaging systems (e.g., Microsoft Exchange, sendmail), SharePoint administration, endpoint system and security application administration, DNS and TCP/IP Internet and networking technologies within large distributed environments.
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data, and report findings to leadership and customer stakeholders.
- Experience with data policy execution, tuning and maintenance, process design, process improvement.
- Ability to think independently, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex business and technical problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication, influencing, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS-Office skills, including Excel, Access.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision.
Committed to Excellence: Sets ever increasing standards for performance, holding self and others accountable.
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency.
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and the expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities.
Emotionally Mature: Demonstrates strong self-awareness and ability to adjust to the emotion and drive of others; embraces other’s perspectives and recognizes limits of own point of view.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Westlake|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 30, 2019 Apply Here