Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for a REMOTE Sr. Storage Engineer
based in Ft. Knox, KY. This is a long-term contract-to-hire position supporting a division of the federal government, and compensation ranges depending on experience. This position is contingent upon funding and is expected to start in January 2021.
If you are interested, or if you would like more information, please contact Brianna
and reference Job #1085770 Must have at least a SECRET Clearance Unavailable for C2C Responsibilities of the Sr. Storage Engineer:
Required Experience of the Sr. Storage Engineer:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, patch, upgrade, and document all aspects of the current and future Storage architecture to include on premise, cloud and hybrid configurations.
- Perform optimization and performance testing, working with both physically attached and virtual servers, fiber channel switches, storage arrays, storage appliances and other related components and services
- Monitor daily Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) Infrastructure performance.
- Perform storage tuning per vendor's guidance and government direction.
- Plan and coordinate the migration of data and systems to a cloud environment, and/or newer baseline versions and/or newer storage platforms (hardware and software) as required.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, patch, upgrade, and document the hardware and software backup tools for use in the supported environments.
- Configure, operate, and sustain enterprise backups operations, to include scheduling backup jobs, performing backups of the data image on supported servers according to the backup schedules, restoring systems, databases, operating systems, user, shared, and other files based on the restore procedures.
- A minimum of ten years of overall IT experience, with five years of experience as a Lead/Senior Storage Engineer in support of Storage Area Networks (SANs), Network Attached Storage (NASs), and other enterprise data platforms
- Experience with NetApp and other storage tools
- Experience with tape back up
- Successful work history of integrating and sustaining enterprise data storage and replication services.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Possess the required IA and CE certifications
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or