Sr. Storage Technology Engineer (Job Number:429995)
SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Data Storage Engineer located in Washington, DC.
The Senior Converged Technology Engineer with a minimum of 4 years experience designing and operating tailored Storage Area Network (SAN), VMware, and Network infrastructure architecture to support operating and maintaining both large data centers and oversea posts for the Vanguard 2.2.1 program. The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program enables the Department of State to successfully carry out its foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, voice and data communications and other unique enterprise applications.
Responsibilities include: Execute the duties and responsibilities as a senior member of the Vanguard Engineering Design and Build Team at the Department of State (DoS) Information Resources Management bureau. Provide senior level engineering design support to provide enterprise-level data exchange solutions using physical and virtual server hosting, off-site data replication and service level storage solutions. Support the implementation of hardware and operating systems solutions to connect multiple data centers and posts for high availability and redundancy. The senior engineer will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for Storage and Converged stack initiatives. Domain knowledge and technical decision-making will have a critical impact on overall project implementation and execution.
Job Description: Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation and resolution; and monitors, tunes, sets standards and maintains a range of storage area network components and systems. Performs these functions across some, but not all, physical media, Operating Systems, File Systems, protocol stacks & network components. Provides client consulting and training on the design and use of the storage area network systems and architectures. Plans; researches; evaluates and recommends new storage area network equipment and related technologies. Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gauge performance and activity. Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. May develop and execute contingency plans for SAN related software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages. Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers; computer operations; workstation support; management; and departmental clients.
A Bachelor-s degree in an information technology or related field with 14+ years experience; 7 years specifically Storage or converged stack management.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Storage Infrastructure (EMC Storage - VNX,Vplex,EtremeIO,Unity,Isilon)
- Knowledge of Integrated Converged Stack infrastructure (Vblock / EMC Storage)
- Knowledge and experience with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge of IP Networking VPN-s, switching, and routing
- Knowledge and experience with VMware (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge of Microsoft File Systems, Operating Systems and Applications
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft OS and Wintel systems
- Systems Engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture.
- Must have a Secret security clearance, Top Secret is highly desired
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs).
- Storage: Advanced knowledge of NetApp Storage Area Network Filers and associated Storage Systems including SAN design/build engineering. Working knowledge with NFS and Fiber Channel protocols and CDOT environment.
- Knowledge of Converged UCS technologies (Compute/Network/Storage) from NetApp and EMC. Site to Site High Availability, Backup and Disaster Recovery experience.
- Knowledge of EMC Storage Area Network arrays and associated storage systems. knowledge with Recover Point, Viper, VCE vision
- Networking: Advanced knowledge and experience with Cisco Network components (switches, routers), with a CISSP, CISCO training 7000/5000/3000/1000
- Compute: Working knowledge of Cisco UCS technologies. Maintain server/blade hardware include failed component replacement.
- VMware: VCP 5+ Certified, working knowledge of SRM, VCOPS, SMVI, VCAC
- Windows: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating systems administration and engineering (MCSE Desired). Knowledge of Windows clustering and SQL Server Clustering
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate
Comments: Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM bureau will be considered as a significant plus. Candidates must be willing to: travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives; support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests; and travel within and outside the continental United States, if required (not to exceed 10%).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 15, 2017, 10:00:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job