4PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Support Team Specialist provides professional phone and email support to clients. Provides support services to clients with technical problems and information technology issues. Provide timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides case status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with users.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Thoroughly documents all customer issues in the issue tracking system(s) to ensure product and service reliability.
- Contributes to the development of a support knowledgebase for use both internally and externally.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming application and technical requests from both internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoots, identifies and resolves first and second level support problems including problems related to software but to also include internet connectivity and hardware problems.
- Tracks and monitors problems to insure a timely resolution; following department and SLA guidelines for escalating product support issues.
- Advises others on how to assist in troubleshooting problems to resolution.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine daily work, and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more complex support tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Assist with the training of new hires.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive use of computer keyboard. Sitting for long periods of time.EDUCATION:
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirableEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- 2 - 4 years' related experience.
- Experience in application software support.
- Experience working with testing and troubleshooting H7L interface issues.
- Experience with Practice Management Systems.
- Basic hardware and networking sills required.
- Hospital, clinical or ancillary applications experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer 6.5 and up, and Windows.
- Experience using Windows2000, WindowsXP, WindowsVista, and web based applications.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with remote access connections.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Contributes to the continued development and expansion of the product knowledgebase.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Previous software helpdesk experience.
- Healthcare experience related to clinical physician office operations.