DEPARTMENT: IP Network Services
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Carrier Voice
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
CORPORATE VISION STATEMENT: To be and become known as the best service provider in our
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Our client is customer inspired. Every team
member is charged with delivering a world class experience to every customer. Every team
member is charged with living the brand. Lead support for the overall maintenance, operation, and
performance of the Metaswitch Deployment.
- Actively engaged as an employee advocate and fully committed to supporting our strategic vision to be and become known as the BEST in our industry(s) through:
- Putting our customer at the center of everything we do
- A relentless passion to be the best
- Being competitive, bold, innovative and adding value
- An ownership mentality, behavior and accountability
- An unyielding commitment to quality
- Respect for our internal and external customers
- Continuous improvement
- Being resourceful, productive and efficient
- Maximum dedication and effort with high energy, enthusiasm and urgency
- Track and report KPIs and resolve all the issues caused the KPI degradation.
- Troubleshoot call flow issues using Protocol Analyzers.
- Able to fix all the Metaswitch CFS/UMG/SBC related ALARMS & maintain a clean Switch
- Able to perform Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly routines in the Metaswitch CFS/UMG/SBC.
- Engineer translations on Carrier Voice Metaswitch CFS switches.
- Insure Switch deployment is operational in acceptable parameters.
- Engineer new network elements and solutions.
- Develop engineering and installation packages.
- Tier 3 trouble resolution support for voice issues.
- Manage switch installations and upgrades.
- Insure System & License capacity is managed and maintained.
- Keep various internal departments informed of changes.
- Coordinate hardware and software upgrades with switch vendors and Change Control.
- Responsible for operations engineering of Class 4 voice switching platform.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Four-year engineering or electronics degree or equivalent experience required.
- +8 years of switching experience required.
- Must have extensive engineering, installation and operations experience with Metaswitch Call Feature Server, UMG and Session Boarder controllers.
- In-depth knowledge of ISUP, SIP and other IP voice protocols is required.
- Must have knowledge of IP routing and switching.
- Knowledge of BroadSoft Class 5 switches is a plus as well as other switching and SBC platforms.
- Knowledge of IMS / VoLTE is also preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be willing to work shifts which include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able
to sit for long periods and use computer keyboard and/or mouse while viewing computer screen. This
job requires the employee to be able to lift 60lbs unassisted and 120 lbs. assisted. Be agile enough to
bend, stoop, and crawl. Possess sufficient manual dexterity and mobility to work in confined areas.
This Job may require travel and overnight stays.
Note: This is a brief description of the Switch Engineer’s responsibilities and is not limited to
those described herein. Management retains the right to add, delete or modify any of these
responsibilities at any time during employment. Rev. 7/2018.