Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC is currently looking to hire a Sr. Systems Administrator
to support the ITSS team in Huntsville, AL.
In this role you will provide Systems Administration for an Operations Center supporting Unified Capabilities (UC) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC). The Systems Administrator will be responsible for installing, configuring, performing monitoring, day-to-day administration, troubleshooting and support for Windows servers, storage, virtualization, and tiered / escalation support for the helpdesk team. Responsibilities Include:
Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Install, configure and maintain Windows 2012R2 servers in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
- Install, configure and maintain virtual servers in a VMware environment.
- Configure and maintain EMC VNX storage and fabric.
- Must have the ability to build, repair, maintain, and upgrade the hardware and other components associated with legacy servers or VMware hosts.
- Experienced in implementing security, backups and recovery.
- Escalate and persistently work challenging issues with vendors to resolution.
- Conduct system maintenance to perform Windows Updates and implement applicable Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts and bulletins.
- Apply and keep updated all applicable DISA Standard Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Troubleshoot / determine root cause of equipment failures, and replace equipment where necessary.
- Install and manage applications.
- Interface with outside party stakeholders, such as a local DoD Network Enterprise Center.
- Experienced in Microsoft SQL.
- Experience using enterprise management tools; trouble tickets, work orders, change controls, etc.
- Must be able to attend and relay relevant information during meetings.
- Must be highly professional and possess soft skills necessary to be successful in a high pressure environment.
- Occasional overtime is required for system maintenance.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; 4 additional years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Microsoft Windows Server certification
- MUST have an Active Secret security clearance & MUST be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience installing & configuring Windows servers
- Familiarity with STIGs
- Experience installing and managing applications
- Prior Microsoft SQL experience
My SAIC Benefits.