Create the products that are changing an industry
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of working, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at an accelerated pace. Vanguard is looking for a talented, experienced individual to join a newly formed Reliability Engineering team within Digital Workplace Services Operations. This team will operate a Center of Excellence (CoE), laser focused on driving continual service improvements in our monitoring and observability space supporting our core service offerings.In this role you will:
What it takes:
- Drive initiatives for implementing, maintaining, and tuning endpoint and synthetic monitoring systems to improve service visibility, availability, reliability, and user experience performance on the core suite of service offerings provided by the Digital Workplace Services team.
- Perform analytics on previous major incidents, user experience metrics, application service level changes and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Collaborate with service owners, platform engineers, and peers to ensure end to end observability designs that are resilient and well documented for new service offerings.
- Learn and understand client area business functions and requirements. Determines the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Train and mentor more junior staff on telemetry systems
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Participate in on-call support coverage as needed
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) with at least 5 years of relevant work experience (Tier 3 upport, systems engineer, etc.)
- High level of engagement with an ownership mindset
- A strong desire to improve the client experience
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Technical documentation and presentation experience
- Experience designing and delivering solutions for large enterprise
- Ability to conduct meetings, document actions and follow up with all parties involved
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team setting
- Ability to troubleshoot & analyze software, hardware, cloud and virtual platform configurations in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to learn new complex tools, methods and processes quickly to become a subject matter expert with Systrack, Thousand Eyes, Splunk, Grafana and Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.