SAIC is looking for a Sr. Systems Admin in Oak Ridge, TN. This position will be responsible for assisting in the design, implementation and support of AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure. This individual will serve as a backup subject matter expert and technical reference for all Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure supporting ISMC's product development teams and service delivery. This position requires hands-on experience building IT infrastructure in both a cloud environment and on premise from the ground up to support critical business applications, along with support for enterprise level applications and infrastructures, such as email and virtualization platforms.
Applicants must be able to obtain a government clearance and be willing to travel if the need arises (up to 30% travel on occasion)
This opportunity is within our IT managed service (ITMS) delivery team will provide the selected applicant with excellent opportunities for career growth, a technical training path along with daily experience in ITMS operations, service development and service delivery. Our operations support an enterprise class multi-tenanted environment providing ITMS for a large GOV/CIV customer base. We operate in cross-functional teams within a mature ISO 20,000 and ISO 27,000 delivery model, with a focus on an Agile / ITILv4 approach to operations.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or 10+ years of experience required.
- One or more of the following Certifications required:
• AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional Certification.
• AWS SysOps Administrator Associate or DevOps Professional Certification.
• Azure Administrator Associate
• Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- CSM - Certified ScrumMaster
- ITIL v4 Foundations
- DevOps Foundations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the cloud based provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of virtual machines, cloud instances, IT systems hardware and software and other related infrastructure.
• Provision, administer and optimize AWS and Azure workloads. Automate environment deployments in AWS using Cloud Formation and in Azure using ARM; building and supporting a highly available and multisite environments.
• Perform hands on administration & systems engineering of the IT infrastructure to assure that systems meet or exceed business needs and expectations.
• Provide Cloud Infrastructure subject matter expertise and technical leadership; lead complex System Administration tasks and IT Infrastructure projects to successful completion.
• Gathering requirements, analyzing, designing, developing, testing, maintaining and building platforms on AWS and Azure.
• Develop logical and physical infrastructure designs of infrastructure proposed solutions based on business requirements.
• Perform / oversee daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all IT Infrastructure, systems and key IT processes.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, system upgrades, regular patching, security remediation and resource optimization as required.
• Provide Systems Engineering support of production and non-production environments.
- 7+ years of experience of Systems Administration experience.
• 4+ years of experience of AWS and/or Azure administration.
• Hands-on Infrastructure as Code experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with Cloud Formation.
• Hands-on experience with repetitive-task automation experience via scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, etc).
• Hands-on experience deploying applications with Docker, AWS Elastic Container Repository (ECR) and AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS) and the Azure equivalents.
• Hands-on experience with implementing and/or deploying EC2 auto-scaling groups, ELBs, Lambda functions, Elastic Cache and other key AWS scaling technologies.
• Identifying system vulnerabilities and securing AWS and Azure environments.
• Linux and Windows Server Administration.
• Strong written / verbal communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels.
• Working knowledge of web and application server architecture for public clouds.
• Experience and knowledge of networking and cyber security.
• Hands-on DevOps experience with building CI/CD pipelines in AWS using Code Deploy or AWS Code Pipeline or the Azure equivalent is a plus.
My SAIC Benefits.