We are looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator. This is a six (6) months contract to hire position in Cary, North Carolina with our client.
Responsibilities for Sr. Systems Administrator:
- Perform user support including Active Directory and Office 365 account management
- Maintain and support Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure AD
- Maintain and support data center infrastructure including SAN and VMware
- Maintain and support endpoint equipment throughout the organization
- Administer a Windows and Linux server VMware environment
- Provide high-level system monitoring with an understanding of reliability, availability, and failure management/mitigation needs
- Administer and support Windows systems and Software installed at HQ and client locations.
- Monitoring window-based systems for the resolution and performance tuning of Server, network, software, and enterprise tools\applications with problems between technical, support and customer personnel
- Create and maintain technical documentation and procedures for System Administration support in accordance with established or emerging enterprise architectures and statewide strategies
- Manage and ensure availability and secure performance of Windows
- Evaluate Windows software and hardware to determine the best solutions to meet specialized application hosting requirements.
- Coordinates and testing the software changes from the upgrades to minimize the impact on the users' applications and time.
- Communicates and consults with end users, support staff, vendors and Executive management both internal and external to IT
- Identifies emerging security trends and vulnerabilities and make suggestions for technical modifications to solve current and prevent future problems at an Enterprise level.
- Evaluates options and consequences for supported systems at an Enterprise level and makes decisions accordingly.
- Work with project manager(s) to complete action items in a timely manner
- Bring ideas and solutions to ongoing projects to facilitate project completion
- Work on overflow helpdesk ticket items and provide excellent customer support to end users
- Escalation point for the resolution of hardware, software, and applications problems between technical, corporate support and customer helpdesk for an Enterprise environment
Required Skills and Experience as a Sr. Systems Administrator:
- 5+ years server administration (Windows Server 2012r2 and above)
- 3+ years working with vMware products (vcenter, esxi, nsx)
- Enjoy working closely with other team members
- Acquire new skills to solve unfamiliar problems
- Have a positive customer service attitude with a desire to help other employees succeed
- Pay attention to detail with a desire to strive for excellence
- Be familiar with VMware virtualization, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft O365, AzureAD
- VCP 6.0+ (Preferred)
- MCSA (Preferred)