Tysons Corner, VA Description:
Client maintains a high availability enterprise environment which supports a complex proprietary stock trading system. The Senior Solaris Administrator-s responsibilities range from strategic to tactical in nature - involving all systems related components within our infrastructure. The Administrator would be responsible for designing and planning as well as implementation and ongoing operational support of our unique hybrid environment.
- System Administrator will provide design, installation, administration, and support of Enterprise Solaris systems in a mission critical and highly available environment including SAN Administration and Cloud Services.
- Perform full life cycle management duties for Oracle Solaris systems including patching, maintenance, configuration, monitoring & troubleshooting.
- Perform storage management on Enterprise Solaris systems, including logical volume manager, and allocation of SAN storage.
- Some understanding of storage (SAN), virtualization and networking fundamentals from a systems administration or engineering perspective
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues on Enterprise Solaris systems.
- Provide technical troubleshooting on complex issues requiring rapid resolution related to Oracle Enterprise Solaris Systems and associated storage, applications, and database environments
- Ability to work between multiple groups with IT and Business development to design and implement solutions.
- Produce written system proposals and plans.
- Manage and communicate project tasks, status and deadlines.
- Stay on top of industry trends and new technologies for system architecture.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Work independently to complete projects on time.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotations.
- Bachelor-s or Master-s degree in IT/IS, Computer Science or related discipline (can be offset by experience).
- Solaris and Linux administration experience.
- Experience with LDAP.
- Experience with VMware version 6 or higher, ESXI, VCenter, and some level of experience with Oracle VM Manager and/or virtual server environment administration.
- A grasp of configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef.
- Experience with Scripting (Perl, Bash, or Shell) and process automation.
- Experience working with ZFS.
- Experience with SAN storage technologies or other storage technologies such as Pure Storage or Hitachi.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively, adapting to shifting priorities. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com