We have an opening for a senior system administrator within our online ordering department. These teams support applications used by a wide variety of sales channels processing thousands of transactions per hour, thereby generating nearly half of all sales revenue for our fortune 100 company! As a technical expert on the team responsible for some of our most critical systems, the ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, possess strong business acumen, have strong communication skills and be driven to succeed.
As an integral part of an operations team committed to resolving production support issues and continuously improving our area, the senior system administrator s responsibilities include:
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Support and maintain production and non-production eCommerce platform
- Serve as a technical SME for other internal and external groups.
- Collaborate with other team members located in various locations, inside and outside the United States, to support the daily operations of a 24x7 work environment.
- Actively participate in decisions to develop and improve security-based standards and practices.
- Maintain various system health monitoring and reporting tools.
- Create reports, dashboards, and processes to monitor and analyze availability and performance metrics.
- Work with architects, technologists, and others for future system enhancements and scalability.
- Leverage CI/CD tools (such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, and Artifactory) and DevOps principles.
- Update DFDs, access policies, and application catalog documentation.
- Write and maintain scripts for system maintenance and administration.
- Perform system backups and DR tasks on a predefined schedule.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting techniques in a high-pressure environment.
- Provide after-hours support on an as needed or on-call basis.
- Document systems and procedures.
- Train others in the use of tools, functions, and techniques.
The ideal applicant will clearly express the following characteristics and competencies:
- Experience with an eCommerce platform as either a developer or in a support role.
- Experience with Oracle Commerce or ATG platforms is preferred
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non-technical details.
- 4+ years in a system administrator or developer position in a large IT organization.
- 1-3 years in an eCommerce environment selling service-based solutions.
- Working knowledge of virtual technologies such as VDI and hypervisors.
- Experience writing advanced scripts and batch files using Python, Unix Script, or Ruby.
- Understanding of Waterfall, Scrum, and Kanban development models.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, leveraging continuous delivery techniques is a plus.
- Skilled in identifying design and implementation details within bloated documentation/communication to understand expected behavior.
- A strong, team oriented spirit and a positive, exuberant personality focused on learning and overcoming obstacles.