Founded in 1923, McMurry University has gained a national reputation for excellence and value through the achievements of our faculty, students, and graduates. We are a liberal arts university offering bachelor's degrees in the fine arts, humanities, social and natural sciences, business, education, and nursing. Steeped in our United Methodist tradition, our 1200 students are affected daily by our Core Values. We boast of an outstanding faculty and staff whose goal is to maximize each student's level of achievement and to expose them to those qualities that go into making a successful life.
Major/Essential Duties of the Job:
The Jenzabar Senior System Analyst will report to the Vice President for Finance & Administration and oversee two professional staff members- the Database Administrator and System Analyst. The Senior System Analyst will serve as the coordinator for supporting production, ongoing development, upgrades and system enhancements for the Jenzabar EX software system for McMurry University. This person will serve as the liaison between the University and Jenzabar EX Support Services.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in ERP or SIS systems is required.
• Supporting SQL server based applications.
• Approximately 2 years’ experience participating in software installation projects of medium/large size and complexity.
• Approximately 3 to 5 years’ experience in education technology.
• Comprehensive knowledge of SQL and database structures and ability to prepare complex ad-hoc SQL queries.
• Experience working with database reporting tools, particularly InfoMaker is desired.
• Experience in education technology preferably in higher education.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Previous experience supporting SQL server based applications, including Jenzabar EX SIS and PowerFAIDS