Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for a REMOTE Sr. Systems Engineer
in Ft. Knox, KY. This is a long-term contract-to-hire position supporting a division of the federal government, and compensation ranges depending on experience. This position is contingent upon funding and is expected to start in January 2021.
If you are interested, or if you would like more information, please contact Brianna
and reference Job #1085759 Must have at least a SECRET Clearance Unavailable for C2C Responsibilities of the Sr. Systems Engineer:
Required Experience of the Sr. Systems Engineer:
- Develop and recommend architecture for servers and associated infrastructure, in clustered, stand-alone, and/or appliance-hosted configurations
- Ensure architectures comply with guidelines for approved components and cyber-security configurations.
- Participate in projects relating to the move of systems and services to external hosting environments.
- Provide expert-level advice in the proper architecture and configuration of systems which comply with the hosting environment requirements
- Build and configure servers and associated infrastructure, in clustered, stand-alone, and/or appliance-hosted configurations.
- Install and configure software to fulfill the necessary configuration of the infrastructure.
- A minimum of ten years of overall IT experience, with five years of experience as a Lead/Senior Server Engineer
- Extensive experience with both Linux Systems and Windows Systems, server administration, and scripting of automation tasks
- Successful work history of integrating and sustaining server-based IT systems and capabilities at the enterprise level.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Possess the required IA and CE certifications
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or