Position Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Clearpath is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team. A successful candidate should have a several years in a system engineering role, with hands on experience working with various datacenter and enterprise level technologies and applications. Must be flexible in technology exposure and willing to stretch beyond what they currently know. The ideal candidate will need to possess exceptional team player skills, while also being self-motivated and driven to consistently deliver outstanding customer support. Additionally, candidate must demonstrate experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as implementing, upgrading and maintaining enterprise level systems and services.
- Daily management of Windows and Linux Server operating systems, with an emphasis in VMware Software to include vCenter, ESXi, Horizons View, hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot applications associated with delivering Clearpath’s XaaS offering
- Provide support to Cloud Services customers, internal employees and vendors. Support includes day-to-day customer level support, emergent after-hours support, and any support required to maintain a highly reliable Cloud environment.
- Document processes and activities appropriately to maintain highly reliable IT systems. Provide required elements to Call Tracking, Project Management, Change Management, and Disaster Recovery Services Guides to achieve this goal.
- Maintain systems software/hardware to ensure proper operations and to ensure clients have continued access to the system.
- Monitor, analyze, and identify issues to resolve software, hardware, and data center problems.
- Contribute to technical process improvements and training across the Clearpath Cloud.
- Provide 24×7 on-call production support on a rotational basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ Years of Windows administration experience including but not limited to AD, DNS, and GPO
- 3+ Years working with vSphere in a medium sized organization
- 2+ Year troubleshooting small networks using built in device tools such as ping, trace route, and nslookup. Cisco preferred but Juniper, HP, or Extreme are acceptable.
- 2+ Year using various tools for alerting including Solarwinds, Nagios, HP Openview, IBM Tivioli, LogicMonitor, or ScienceLogic.
- 2+ Year of basic Linux administration such as managing file permissions, adding users, or setting up basic services.
Desired Skills or Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of Cisco router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Experience in working with for a Cloud Service Provider (CSP) or Managed Service Provider (MSP).
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities in a high demand environment.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com