The priority focus of the Sr. Systems Engineer is on client project implementation. By applying deep technical skills, ensure successful rollout of client projects involving development and analysis of technology environment.
- Participate in successful completion of project work including analysis, design, development, documentation, and testing of client network operations.
- Perform quality assurance activities to ensure standardization of best practices.
- Assist in the design and deployment of IT infrastructures and protection strategies to support client business plans.
- Act as technical escalation point for Support Specialists and Systems Engineers within market team.
- Implement network infrastructure and security policies that promote client’s objectives.
- Maintain 74% overall utilization.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Cisco Call Manager with Unity experience (2 years); ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support Call Manager 5.0 and Unity Successful experience designing, installing and supporting networks in multiple environments for multiple clients.
- Strong proficiency in configuring, deploying and troubleshooting all of the following networking services: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPNs, VLANs, VIPs, ACLs, Routing, Switching.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience implementing IT projects.
- Strong computer analysis and diagnostic skills with the ability to implement quick and effective solutions to network problems.
- Proven dedication to enabling continuous operations.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess valid and clear drivers’ license.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- 5 years network administration experience.
- 5 years operating systems experience (Windows, and/or Unix or Linux).
- At least one of the following industry certifications is preferred:
- MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 or above
- Citrix CCA
- CCNA with Specialization (Security, Voice, Wireless)
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- SonicWALL: CSSA