Description Job Description:Leidos is hiring Secret cleared Systems Engineers with Nuclear experience!
As part of the Leidos GBSD (Ground Based Strategic Deterrent) team, your specialized skills will allow us to deliver on a national security priority to develop a modernized ICBM for the U.S. Air Force. This opportunity can sit in multiple locations including Roy, Utah, Torrence and San Diego, California, Huntsville, Alabama, Alexandria, Virginia or Bellevue, Nebraska.
Our team is supporting the Air Force's development, production, deployment, and sustainment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The successful candidate will use their experience and education to perform radiation effects modeling and testing to design systems that will operate in extremely hostile environments. The candidate will interface with SME's to translate the output of high performance environmental effects models to guide and mentor junior engineers in the development of system- and design-level requirements, the selection of parts/equipment, and the specification of associated test planning to produce nuclear survivable systems.Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Mentoring and training other engineering professionals regarding NH&S science and engineering principles.
- Acting as a Specialty Engineering Technical lead of a team of 5-10 Leidos technical staff comprised of engineers and scientists with responsibility for all technical elements of the project.
- Liaising with the Leidos PM and the GBSD prime contractor, Northrup Grumman Corporation (NGC), and be responsible for effective and timely Leidos Team technical performance.
- Analyzing systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Provide solutions based on system requirements. Will work with team to develop solutions to the technical issues and updates that are required.
- Working with junior members of the team to perform the design process and the procedures for updates.
- Working as a senior "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future system builds.
- Providing systems engineering technical leadership in developing NH&S and PM&P technical approach, design, and validation.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- MS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Professional systems engineering experience supporting a nuclear system/project
- 15+ years demonstrated systems engineering and/or science experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Capable in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
External Referral Bonus:
- PhD in a STEM discipline
- Experience with weapons system design and sustainment (especially Minuteman III or similar military or industry experience)
- Experience with radiation effects or similar field experience
- Experience with weapons system development and sustainment (Minuteman III or similar military or industry experience)
- Model Based Systems Engineering; Architecture and Requirements development; Scientific and High Performance Computation; MATLAB
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-1766
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
$3,000Potential for Telework:
Yes, 75%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range: