R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of a team of individuals responsible for design and maintaining enterprise technology infrastructure stacks hosted in on-premise and cloud solutions. This is an enterprise role supporting mission-critical production product environments and corporate services solutions. A successful Senior Systems Engineer must be able to analyze requirements and recommend innovative solutions, maintain production systems, work with others to resolve technical problems and contribute to the development of new systems or major system enhancements.
- Includes, but not limited to, planning, systems analysis, design, scripting, database administration, and documentation.
- Analyzing existing systems to recommend changes/improvements to them to maximize user capabilities.
- Meeting assigned project deadlines and work schedules. Timely and accurate completion of special projects and assignments.
- Effective use of time and equipment to accomplish assigned projects.
- Understanding, supporting, enforcing and complying with company policies, procedures and standards of business ethics and conduct.
- Effective and consistent cooperation and communication with Team Leadership and key company personnel.
- Performing duties in a professional, polite, considerate and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience with designing, deploying and maintaining secure and scalable infrastructure and operational plans for medium to large size companies.
- Systems engineering and data center operations background, including experience supporting custom applications, as well as ongoing development activities for same.
- Deep knowledge of implementing and maintaining infrastructure, for application development environments. (Ex. IIS, continuous integration tools, and understanding of SDLC processes.)
- Deep knowledge of VMware environments, including configuration and administration of medium to large environments. (VCP preferred, but not required.)
- Deep knowledge of load balancer technologies (preferably F5 or NSX) including design, configuration, and administration.
- Deep knowledge of SAN environments, including configuration and administration of medium to large environments.
- Experience developing solutions for high-availability and disaster recovery.
- Experience with various backup technologies.
- Scripting experience (PowerShell, YAML, SQL , etc...)
- Strong organizational skills, including effective use of time and equipment to accomplish assigned projects and managing multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interrelate and communicate with people within the workplace.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
- Ability to conduct research into issues as required.
- Ability to advise, mentor, and teach others.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- On-call availability.
- Moderate travel, not exceeding 20% of the time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: .