Sr System Engineer
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for support of and innovation of infrastructure and connectivity technologies at the Company. These technologies include but are not limited to Enterprise Datacenter Infrastructure, Microsoft and Redhat Servers, Virtualization, Storage, Compute and Containers. Collaborates closely with assigned information technology personnel regarding Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Monitor infrastructure availability resources, utilization, and provide trend analysis on all managed and local systems.
- Manage the design and implementation for Datacenter and Systems Infrastructure solutions primarily within the VMware, Microsoft, RedHat, Docker and Azure stacks.
- Innovate and develop project initiatives using new and existing tools to improve systems, processes and create a value add for both IT and other client teams.
- Interact extensively with external/internal providers and stakeholders.
- Work with internal IT associates on the delivery of IT analytics with the use of AppDynamics, Solarwinds, Splunk and other associated applications.
- Determine and test the potential solutions for both technical and business compatibility.
- Work with the IT staff and other end users to implement and assist with application and technology implementations.
- Plan and test schedules for completing system/technology implementations.
- Review information sources consistently to stay up to date with the latest information on emerging technologies and items relevant to making sure their infrastructure is maintained to the highest level.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal personnel to assure availability and timely completion of new installations and other application/connectivity changes.
- Assist in the maintenance and delivery of departmental scorecard to report on application and infrastructure performance.
- Work with internal personnel and vendors to gather information needed for special projects or new activities.
- Review existing application\connectivity services for opportunities to improve services and reduce costs through removal of excess or inappropriate services.
- Assist and support the Service Desk and users with troubleshooting of user issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Critically understanding the Company s operations, business drivers, systems, and values. Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team. Superior analysis and communications skills are critical and the ability to be self-sufficient in fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Ability to analyze data and recommend strategy. Perform duties that require initiative, analytical research, organizational skills, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to travel as needed.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be skilled in focusing on desired results and clarifying next steps to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. Must have the ability to manage workload, to develop efficient and effective processes, and to communicate with managers and staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical background in PC applications including Word, Excel, e-mail, and file management software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Information Systems, related field, or its equivalent experience, required.
- Minimum of five to seven years experience required in IT services is desired along with a broad knowledge of technology products and services is required.
- Work experience with the Microsoft stack, single sign on (SSO) applications, monitoring applications, Office 365, VMWare, Windows Server 2012+ and Redhat Linux.
- VMWare Datacenter, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, Redhat certifications highly preferred.
- Experience with Linux, especially Redhat is essential.
- Experience managing an Azure environment is preferred
- A working knowledge of containers, Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver s license unless otherwise noted.