We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer. The System Engineer will play a key role in new technology implementations and configuring and deploying to our existing infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be excited to contribute their talent and energy towards the team, building industry-leading business applications, and eager to take on new challenges and to learn new technologies. The qualified candidate must be comfortable in a highly collaborative Agile environment working with other team members. The individual must also be highly-motivated and results-oriented.
This role ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of a SaaS environment consisting of development, production and organizational systems. Some of the responsibilities include deploying, monitoring, maintaining and optimizing systems & services. This role will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Design and maintenance of a Windows based SaaS infrastructure.
- Identify infrastructure issues and provide prompt and permanent resolution.
- Configure, test and maintain high availability solutions and virtualization infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain system backups to ensure data integrity.
- Configure and maintain monitoring software and respond/resolve alerts.
- Perform system requirement analysis, review of subsystem design and interface specifications.
- Active Directory infrastructure, GPOs and information security best practices.
- Ability to react to change positively and work productively with minimal supervision.
- Document and improve operational/environmental practices and procedures.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Maintain liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- 5-10 years+ as a systems administrator in a Windows environment.
- Expert knowledge in design and maintenance of a virtualized infrastructure using MS Hyper-V.
- Expert knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems configuration and deployment in an enterprise environment.
- Storage solution experience including LUN management, SAN configuration, and storage network configuration with technologies such as Fiber Channel and EMC VNX devices.
- Expert knowledge of Group Policy Management, Active Directory and troubleshooting of the same.
- Expert knowledge of server backup schemes and data replication.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Lync.
- Ability to investigate, diagnose and provide resolution of software and hardware problems.
- Strong technical and analytical skills required for solving complex systems infrastructure issues.
- Working knowledge of internet networking, MPLS and storage networks.
- Working knowledge of remote access solutions, FTP and VPNs.
- Working knowledge of infosec best practices, anti-virus and attack plane mitigation.
- A positive attitude, professional disposition and ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teamwork and desire to work in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor s Degree in IT/Computer Science or related field preferred.
- MCSA/CCNA certifications preferred.
- Linux experience a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting (up to 7 hours) at a workstation operating a PC.
- Ability to perform a large amount of typing on a keyboard and repetitive motion with a mouse.
- Focusing/looking at computer monitor for long periods.
- Reading documents in print and electronically.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.