Client is the industry leader in automated window coverings and partners with major companies in home automation and the Internet of Things to provide solutions for connected smart homes--to deliver high quality motorized window coverings and accessories for Client's customers. As our product gains demand in the market this team is growing quickly. In this role you will lead the team and the effort in setting up and standardizing our testing system. You would work to formalize test procedures, create testing automation, enhance efficiencies, and increase data collection and data confidence. In short this role would provide you with the opportunity to create and own the testing system for all of our apps. Not only would you get to create something from scratch, but you will work to mentor and bring cohesiveness to a high functioning team of experts. We need your creativity, organization, technical expertise, and initiative to make our testing processes the best they can be.
What you will do
- Lead/directs others in the implementation and execution of a cohesive test plan that includes the testing of various system components including but not limited to: shade motor assemblies, remote controls, internet gateways, cloud services, and internet/cloud integrations.
- Responsible for the definition/planning/execution of testing across mechanical, electrical, firmware, and software disciplines, including the interfaces between disciplines.
- Responsible for system engineering principles in converting good verifiable requirements linked to from marketing needs, and test methods to determine pass/fail criteria for the developers and the goals to develop a good, complete product.
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation(s), to include both SW only, and HW/SW infrastructure.
- Write code on multiple platforms, integrating with existing automated testing frameworks, and operating in continuous integration (CI) pipelines.
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
- Ensure maximum code coverage, including mobile application functionality and proper shade operation in both local and remote use cases.
- Set strategy for and implement testing tools and methodologies used by the team.
- Generate and maintain test automation reporting systems.
- Ensuring there is adequate unit testing and sub-system testing before integrating into full product testing
- Compile detailed test results, summarize, and present information to support business decisions.
- Provide feedback to engineering development and sustaining engineering teams, participate/lead Design For Test (DFT) initiatives.
- Manage and implement automation testing, both virtual via simulators and real with shades running and recording internal metrics and being monitored by external equipment such as DMMs, laser positioning systems, and optical recognition systems. Should be capable of setting up systems and writing code to perform automation routines.
- Experience determining percent test coverage of SW and FW bases
- Experience determining MTBF or other metrics for quality assessment
Skills you have
Expert knowledge of overall QA automation methodologies and processes.
Solid knowledge of mobile, web and embedded architectures.
Solid knowledge of programming principles
Solid knowledge of Ethernet Networking and TCP/IP
Solid knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems and bash scripting.
Solid knowledge of mobile test automation on iOS and Android platforms.
Solid knowledge in analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills, including the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
Familiarity with various types of laboratory and test equipment e.g. Oscilloscopes, DMM’s, Network Analysis tools etc.
Skill in developing and maintaining effective work relationships.
Ability to write/troubleshoot/modify scripts to automate processes
Ability to discuss systems in both technical and lay terms
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and closure.
Ability to demonstrate good organizational skills, detailed oriented
Ability to quickly establish credibility and foster collaborative relationships throughout the business.
Your Training and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in the field or a comparable area.
- Includes 2+ years professional QA Automation or Software Engineering experience.
- Experience with test automation of wireless embedded devices.
- Familiarity with any of the following development technologies is preferred: C/C++ embedded, Xcode, Android Studio, HP Quality Center, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence), Git, Apache JMeter, Jenkins.