Id: 166308 Location: Chicago, Illinois Job Type: Contract Position Purpose:
The TIBCO Integration Developer (Contract Role) is expected to have solid knowledge and hands-on experience with EAI technologies and TIBCO products, with specific expertise in software design, installation, configuration and administration of TIBCO BusinessWorks 5.x, TIBCO EMS 7.x, TIBCO HAWK, TIBCO Administrator and related integration adapters.
The incumbent is expected to collaborate with project teams consisting of application developers, business analysts and users to design and implement TIBCO solutions. Duties include development, enhancement and support of TIBCO Middleware processes, solutions and products in order to meet the organization's application development and integration needs.
Key Job Activities
1) Participate in new development requests, enhancements, and project initiatives aimed at integrating enterprise applications (SAP, PeopleSoft. Legacy, Java/WebSphere) in order to facilitate business processes across the broader business community. Work closely with project teams to ensure that integration points are delivered in accordance with the enterprise strategic direction. The TIBCO Integration Developer will be expected to:
o Participate in all phases of the SDLC as they relate to TIBCO integration and development.
o Learn the business processes for which application integration is needed.
o Understand the technical aspects of the application touch-points for which TIBCO is used to integrate.
o Analyze, design, build and test Integration solutions based on business requirements.
o Perform testing and tuning activities, including strategies around how to leverage core technologies supported by TIBCO (e.g. WebServices, SOAP, and JMS.)
o Address issues as they arise and drive resolution.
o Provide input, recommendations, and resolutions for broad technical issues related to application integration.
o Review technical work of other team members for quality assurance.
Education and Technical Experience (including certifications):
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree a plus.
• TIBCO BusinessWorks 5.x / EMS 7.x / HAWK / TIBCO Designer & Administrator. Certification desired.
• TIBCO BusinessWorks 6.x experience a plus.
• 7+ years of overall technical and systems integration experience, including 5+ years of hands-on experience with TIBCO BusinessWorks, messaging and SOA/ESB design and implementation, preferably on AIX platform.
• Proficient with TIBCO Designer graphical mapping and advanced functions.
• Solid working experience with standards-based integration & programming techniques, including Java, J2EE, XPATH, XML, XSD, XSLT, REST, SOAP/WebServices (SOAP over JMS & SOAP over HTTP) and WSDL.
• SAP, Oracle, WebSphere/J2EE, PeopleSoft and Legacy system (Mainframe) integration experience required.
• Experience configuring TIBCO sender & receiver adapters for above mentioned systems and platforms, including SAP Adapter (IDOC, RFC), File and ActiveDatabases / JDBC adapters.
• Solid understanding of synchronous & asynchronous communication modes, and Integration patterns like Request/Reply & Publish/Subscribe.
• Ability to debug interface transmission and messaging failures. Able to configure HAWK alerts for error monitoring and notification.
• Experience with EAI methodology, development, and best practices.
• Experience with EDI, REST, SOA methodology, development, and best practices.
• Basic SQL/PLSQL and RDBMS knowledge; Oracle 11g/12c experience preferred.
• Experience in SAP R/3 a plus:
o Exposure to BAPIs, RFCs, IDOCs, ALE, and Business Connectors.
o Working knowledge of the Object Navigator (ABAP Editor, ABAP Dictionary, Function Builder, Class Builder, Context Builder, and Utilities) and BAPI Explorer.
• Exposure to Agile Software Development Methodology a plus.
• Must demonstrate strong customer focus, communication skills, strong sense of urgency, and a win-win approach to meeting business requirements and resolving problems.
• Asset leasing industry experience preferred.
Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), in priority order:
• Results oriented; proven to deliver on time with commitment to follow-up on issues and resolutions
• Customer focused with the ability to build positive relationships with both business and IT
• Strong oral/written communication and facilitation skills
• Proven track record around rapid development of business process understanding and acumen
• Attention to detail is critical
• Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to make sound decisions with limited information
• Occasional work on nights and weekends in order to meet project demands and deadlines