The Retail Web Technology (RWT) organization leads the development and maintenance of Schwab's premier digital platform for retail clients - individual investors just like you. Our team is seeking a Lead Technical Program Manager, who embraces being a technical leader and has a real passion for helping teams to build compelling interactive web applications using state of the art technologies. Our mission is to build elegant solutions that achieve measurable value, which empower our clients, in a fun and engaging environment. In RWT, we work hard every day to improve the experience for our clients, using cutting-edge technology and creative solutions to hard problems. What you are good at
What you have
- Lead and coordinate new initiatives to support the technical and business strategy of the organization
- Plan the delivery of the multi-team initiatives and activities
- Drive large, complex projects to completion and execute roadmaps, while championing business and technical goals
- Manage interdependencies across a high number of scrum teams and organizations
- Laisse with a diverse set of stakeholders to ensure needs and expectations are met
- Work across specialized business and technical partners to broker decisions and negotiate trade-offs
- Distill complex information for business partners
- Communicate effectively at an executive and team level
- Mediate and resolve conflicts, maintain a strategic focus when making decisions
- Demonstrate sound judgment regarding decisions and escalations with complete information
- Provide supervision and direction to project teams to ensure successful execution
- Ensure quality and evidence of project documentation
- Understanding of Agile processes, team velocity and the ability to forecast progress accordingly
- Collaborate across Design, Development, QA, Operations, and Governance teams to help remove roadblocks
- Coordinate with external vendors and internal technical and legal teams to manage relationships and contractual agreements
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or equivalent preferred) with 8+ years of project management experience, managing multiple large, complex and cross-functional projects
- Proven ability to earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders through focused execution of business priorities
- Proven ability to deliver highly visible, complex projects
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a highly matrixed organization
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Demonstrated and applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools and methodologies
- Experience successfully driving initiatives in an organization
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.