Comtech is an IT provider focused on delivering end-to-end technology solutions and products. Since 1998, we have successfully serviced enterprises across multiple markets, including the public and private sectors and the Department of Defense. Our services span all aspects of business, providing a holistic approach to managing an organization. We have accredited certifications, which include CMM Level 3, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 (Corporate ITIL Service Delivery), ISO 27001:2005 (Corporate Security), and ISO 9001-2008 (Corporate Quality). Comtech aims to deliver value to our customers through three key attributes: Innovation, Transformation, and Information. Comtech believes that our solutions and products should focus on resolving everyday problems and enabling simplicity. We are committed to providing technical innovations and tools that empower organizations with critical information to facilitate decision-making that results in business transformation through cost savings and increased operational efficiency. Our commitment to quality is adopted throughout the organization and sets the foundation for delivering our full suite of capabilities. Comtech develops and implements methodologies and processes based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3 Framework across enterprise infrastructure operations
Location: Reston, VA
Duration:8-12 months (Contract to Hire)
Job Category: Sr. Technical Project Manager
Interview: Telephonic and In-Person (Mandatory)
- Proven experience writing Statements of Work (SOWs) and developing/contributing to other project documentation, such as:
- Project Charter/Initiation Document
- Project Management Plan
- Project Schedule in MS Project
- Contingency Plan
- Implementation Plan
- Resource Estimates
- Risk and Issue Logs
- Experience working with procurement teams to issue and manage RFP lifecycles
- Proven experience managing cross-functional teams within a matrix environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the Customer relationship, including the ability to manage Customer messaging and issue resolution.
- Proven ability to effectively facilitate internal and external meetings, which often include many participants that may be in different locations.
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities across all phases of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the development of a WBS in partnership with functional teams
- Adhere to and follow the PMO defined Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC)and SDLC processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and influence/negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate work breakdown structure (WBS) sessions with the cross-functional team and build WBS with all dependencies.
- Develop and effectively manage project schedule to an 8/80 level of detail.
- Track and monitor testing defects and regularly report status internally and externally.
- Support and assist SQA (Software Quality Assurance) activities and processes including the tracking, monitoring, and reporting defects.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate and identify solutions within the cross-functional team.
- Proven ability to monitor and control resource utilization, forecasting, and budget.
- Proven ability to present technical information to executive management.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Leadership skills including coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
- Strong communication skills
- Effective negotiation and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated writing and presentation skills (writing sample will be requested)
- PMP Certification is a plus
- 6-8 years relevant experience managing technical projects through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Projects to include various development methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Knowledge of and experience in IT environment (mainframe, infrastructure, Web/Java)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2000 toolset – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and follow-up required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Experience within the health insurance industry is required.