Lumen Solutions Inc., is a technology consulting services company based in Virginia. We provide a wide array of experienced business and IT professionals supporting clients from solution design to implementation and support. We specialize in strategy development, portfolio management and enterprise architecture.
- Experience managing and delivering SDLC and infrastructure projects that may involve integrating leading-edge technologies with or to replace older legacy technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of system development methodologies; experience managing cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the system development life-cycle (SDLC) for multiple projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget.
- Basic understanding of infrastructure warehouses and data networks
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
- Must be able to understand the subtleties of communication in a politically charged environment
- Exceptional project management skills, effectively allocating resources and managing small to moderate projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility, including the use of MS Project and ideally Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software and software development methodologies is required in order to understand the impact of a new project and its impact on a technology product
- Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
Create and maintain various project artifacts, including but not limited to:
- Project Charter/Initiation Document
- Project Plan including subsidiary plans for managing requirements, change, testing, communication, implementation, risk, issues etc.
- Project Schedule in MS Project
- Resource Allocation Model and resource Estimate
- Risk and Issue Logs
- Experience in monitoring and controlling resource utilization per the approved project budgets.
- 7+ years of IT Project Manager experience managing infrastructure that include technical support and enhancement/maintenance activities.
- Prior experience in managing projects that include data warehouse buildout and enhancements, network maintenance and build outs, and Data Center build outs.
- Familiarity with mainframe data warehouse solutions offered by external vendors including solutions offered by IBM.
- Prior experience managing projects requiring procurements, and installation of HW/SW in both mainframe and in distributed network environments.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- PMI PMP certification a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Experience working directly with the customer and in engaging with and reporting to executive management.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
- Health Care Industry Experience.
- Experience creating and managing core project artifacts (weekly status reports, project schedule, project initiation document, and project plan document).
- An understanding or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and how they are applied to infrastructure projects is a plus
Interview format: Phone Interview and In-person interview
Location: Washington DC
Term: Contract to Hire
Compensation and benefits - LSI offers competitive compensation package as well as an array of benefits matching with current industry standard based on experience and qualifications.
Overview of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays
- 401K, Employee Referral Bonus
- LSI is an EEO and presents an incredible opportunity for growth and advancement with initiatives in transportation, healthcare, and financial sectors.
You can reach me at 703-349-1954.