Make a difference
Ciber Global wants you. Come build new things with us and advance your career. At Ciber Global you,ll collaborate with experts. You,ll join successful teams contributing to our clients, success. You,ll work side by side with our clients and have long-term opportunities to advance their top priorities. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days to go into greater detail about the client and opportunity to go permanent.
Responsible for elicitation, prioritization, and conversion of business/functional requirements to systems requirements, as well as provision of analysis for applications in production (large and/or more complex initiatives. Responsible for the development of functional designs for new customized or enhanced systems. The ultimate outcome of this role is the production of clear, timely, precise and accurate technical design that are traceable to documented business/functional requirements and guide the successful design, development and deployment of IT Solutions.
Coordinate Analysis and Functional Design:
- Quickly understand and/or more complex business issues and data challenges of the customer.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Utilize expertise in analyzing end-to-end business and technical flows, including impacts to operations.
- Review, edit, and prioritize business requirements, specification, processes and recommendations related to proposed solution. Distinguish user request from the underlying true business need.
- Translate business/functional requirements into system level functional solutions using various techniques that include interviews, document analysis, requirements workshop, surveys site visit, business process descriptions, use cases, screen interface porotypes, demos and/or business task, and workflow analysis.
- Coordinate the development of functional design specifications, GUI and screen interface designs (internal applications) and VUI designs for customer engagements.
- Include project assumptions, risks/issues, considerations, and dependencies based on the system impacts.
- Proactively identify the business process and organizational impact of proposed solutions.
Coordinate Technical/Recommendations and Traceability:
- Guide project personnel to identify required system changes, additions or retirement.
- Conduct gap analysis for business/functional requirements and current system functionality, with support, review and input from other Technical staff.
- Collaborate with business analysts, designers, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Provide expertise for dividing the project into multiple phases based on the business priorities, design, schedule and level of efforts.
- Ensure traceability from business/functional/requirements through development of the solution, to confirm system functionality and ensure the completed system fulfills the goals of the project in detail in the applications.
- Mentor less experienced staff and coordinate work as needed for larger projects.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of system analysis experience.
- OR a Masters degree and 3 years of systems analysis experience.
- If no degree, 7 years of systems analysis experience required.
- Must be proven experience in Requirements Management, Developing Functional Designs, Software development life cycles (SDLC), Use case business model technology, Database queries (SQL) and Batch online processing.
- Solid experience with project management.
- Bachelors degree in Business Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- MBA or Master,s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile methodology preferred
- Experience in Joint Application Design (JAD) facilitation preferred
- Experience in user interface design preferred.
- Experience with client/server-based systems preferred.
- Experience with system/application integration technologies and/or web technologies preferred.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the health care industry strongly preferred.
- Leadership, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate then into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent listening verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, other leadership and subject experts.
- Possess and exercise excellent interviewing skills.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Exceptional organizational, research and presentation skills.
- Related professional certification is preferred (i.e. CBAP, Agile, PMP, Six Sigma)
At Ciber Global our consultants have access to a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits can include Paid-Time-Off, Paid Holidays, 401K matching, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, and a variety of other perks.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Find a purpose
Help clients embrace emerging technologies. Create inventive solutions and meet intriguing client challenges. Solve, fix, design and innovate. Be a part of something bigger by helping clients go digital, create engaging customer experiences and transform their business.
Ciber is helping clients bring their innovation initiatives to life - come join us and make a difference! No matter where you are in your career, you can work to move to the next level. You,ll work hand in hand with top-tier talent and be part of a team focused on the technologies that help clients compete and win.