Be an integral part of the Technology Strategy and Operating Model Transformation group at BNY Mellon and help build the future of technology in the firm. TSOMT is spearheading the adoption of Agile, DevOps, and business-aligned product delivery, and instituting long-term, transformative changes, while evolving Technology-s multi-year Operating Model and the Technology Strategy Master Plan. We are driving a comprehensive People and Workforce Strategy which identifies and invests in the skills that will create a world class Technology organization and a highly engaged workforce, with a focus on promoting continuous learning, development, listening, and recognition. Critically, we are surfacing and prioritizing the best strategic change investment opportunities to improve efficiency, increase productivity, and shift spending to deliver a sustainable advantage through investment in differentiating activities. To enable growth at scale, we are delivering superior Technical Documentation for the changes to our strategy, operating model, and tools, to drive the adoption of shared services, enterprise frameworks, and components, and to support end-users and customer. Role Overview:
As a Technology Strategist on the Global Operations and Technology People Strategy team, you will elevate our strategy for our most important asset - our people. This role is critical for the people element of two of our highest priorities - Creating an Agile Firm
and Transforming the Firm's Operating Model
. Your responsibilities will include product ownership of the tool we will use to define and progress Modern Team Structures aligned with delivery models, transformation goals, and team-based metrics, to ensure that we are delivering on our People Strategy in alignment with our Agile and Operating Model transformations, including:
- Defining and implementing strategies to drive adoption of the product
- Championing the product across the organization by influencing at all levels, including senior leadership
- Driving the product launch and rollout to realize maximize impact
- Developing all training materials and user documentation for the tool in partnership with the technical writing team
- Managing and prioritizing product features and enhancements
- Developing multichannel product communication strategies to raise awareness, educate potential users and drive adoption
- Harnessing product data to identify opportunities to deliver increased value to users
- Strategic Change - partner with senior leaders to define the strategy, business initiatives, and organizational changes required
- Strategy Adoption - work with clients, peers, and leadership to understand issues associated with current state and adoption of the new tool
- Stakeholder Management - take ownership of key stakeholder relationships (including cross-functional)
- Consulting Leadership - act in a lead capacity with business partners to guide them on the journey
- Organizational Strategy - partner with senior executives to understand organizational perspectives and recommend best-fit methodologies
- Story Telling - create and deliver compelling narratives
- Research and Thought Leadership - leverage industry best practices and future thinking methodologies to drive change
- Data & Analytics - leverage data to drive all decisions and help transform the organization
- Passion for Human Capital - help drive our People Strategy with a clear understanding of humanity and what motivates and engages our people by leveraging empirical data and analytics
- Bachelor-s degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Values and Competencies:
- Agile and DevOps knowledge
- Participation in past product rollouts
- Ability to take ambiguous topics and translate into actionable plans working with multiple business and technical stakeholders
- Very strong analytical skills, as well as advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong writing skills with demonstrable experience in writing
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and collaboration skills
- Comfort with quickly changing priorities, in a fast-paced development environment
- Experience in stakeholder management with the ability to consult and influence decisions
- Experience in research and the use of data and data visualizations to tell compelling stories
- Passion for Excellence - Driven by a deep sense of purpose, we act with urgency in setting deadlines, use our grit and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles, and cut through red tape to deliver on time-every time. Whether delivering results for clients, pioneering new solutions, or running efficient operations-we set the bar high and strive to raise it, measuring ourselves against the best in class, anywhere.
- Integrity - Every action and every decision is an opportunity to build and safeguard client trust. We act ethically, lawfully, and honestly -regardless of any short-term pressures we may face. We trust each other to debate the ideas and not the person. United in our passion to achieve our Vision, we push each other when something important is at stake.
- Strength in Diversity - Difference makes us stronger. We actively incorporate perspectives from across backgrounds, experience, and expertise that can help cultivate belonging, identify blind spots, and unlock new value. The growth of others is as important as our own. We take the time, offer the honest word, and go the extra mile to help all of our colleagues succeed
- Courage to Lead - Today-s world requires we anticipate tomorrow-s challenges and pioneer new ways forward. We assess risk prudently, pursue ideas boldly and decisively, and take accountability for the results. The pursuit of excellence requires learning from our mistakes, not wallowing in them. We welcome new ideas, celebrate successes, and get smarter from failures.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.