22195 - Sr. Telecom Analyst
Mounds View, MN
3+ Month Contract with possible extensions or conversion to Fulltime
Global Communication and Collaboration Service development with effective transition of operational management. Responsible for technical leadership and design of a hybrid Communication and Collaboration infrastructure; design, engineering, configuration, testing, and support escalation. Development of other collaboration applications in the environment as necessary including, but not limited to: Conferencing, Reporting, Analytics, Network, and Client Applications.
- Strategic planning and architecture of global enterprise communications capabilities and infrastructure.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager, telecommunications, and network infrastructure.
- Mentor tier 1 and 2 engineers
- Work on problems of enterprise-wide scope where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Develop and maintain a strong practical understanding of technologies currently deployed within the department. Also, a broad theoretical understanding of current state-of-the-art hardware and software. Frequent use and knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Develop and review operational instructions for normal system activities, system backups, and disaster recovery situations.
- Analyze vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and/or software and coordinate installation.
- Lead or assist with internal projects associated with the supported technologies within the organization, evaluating, recommending, and assisting in implementation of new tools/technology.
- Perform or assist in capacity/performance management, trend and error analysis to determine system changes required.
- Ensure that Client's systems and the information on them are protected in accordance with Client's Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection practices.
- Work within Client IT process and procedures to organize and document planned changes.
- Work with global peers, partner teams, and vendors as necessary to accomplish team objectives
- Recommend process improvement and automation through scripting.
- Must be Sr. level Telecom Specialist with Network Analyst skills
- Must have technical and strategy coordination elements (PM type stuff).
- Bachelor's degree required
- Could extend or convert to FTE down the road with strong performance
- 7+ years of IT experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of IT experience with a Master’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience working with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Telecommunications, and network infrastructure
- Carrier Troubleshooting
- SIP Troubleshooting.
- Oracle Acme
- Understanding and experience with Quality of service (QoS)
- Working Knowledge of REST API’s & Scripting
- Cost Analysis Experience
- A high level of networking experience.
***Qualified consultants may work remotely up to 80% of the time – but will occasionally be required to come on-site – current resources onsite 1 to 2 days/week to work F2F with the core team and other teams.
**Must be able to travel independently to Client’s domestic buildings/sites
**Already possesses or has the ability to obtain a passport.