This individual will have a lead technical quality role in testing and verification, of current and future generation telematics products.
This individual must possess and maintain a broad knowledge of vehicle-based communication technologies, wireless communication technology, and the IT infrastructure along with the integration these diverse systems with the car.
- Utilize existing and create new test procedures to ensure Telematics services work according to specification and design.
- Provide end-to-end testing and validation of Connected Car quality.
- Test and confirm proper functionality of all supported telematics features and backend systems to confirm robust and defect-free system.
- Confirm telematics service provided services are performing according to specification and make recommendations for improvement.
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases
- Builds and implements a scalable, reusable automation framework. Works with team to set best practice standards for usage of the framework and trains quality assurance personnel to enable them to use it.
- Develops modular automated test scripts utilizing reusable functions and data-driven techniques and performs basic management of automation libraries
- Exhibit database and web automation testing experience, test and certify software running on different browsers (Chrome, IE and FF) through the use of automation scripts.
- Develops modular and robust automated test scripts utilizing domain specific language (DSL), exception handling, and other advanced automation techniques
- Works closely with quality assurance team to help them develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts, using the provided automation framework
- Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints using automation.
- Works with application teams to review existing test cases in order to convert or create automated tests cases.
- Manages the automation source code in a version control system in parallel with the associated applications under test
- Reports, tracks and escalates anomalies discovered during testing and ensures closure on the issues. Helps teams use results to drive continuous improvement upstream.
- Provides estimates for planning, development and execution of automated test cases.
- Continually researches new automated tools and techniques and evaluates them for opportunities for improvement
- Trains and mentors local and remote team members on automation processes and best practices.
- Proficient in collecting test metrics and creating comprehensive automation test summary reports.
- Experience with various types of testing including but not limited to sanity, integration, functional, security, system, performance and regression testing.
- Investigate reported issues; perform root-cause analysis; develop countermeasures to resolve; retest to validate solution.
- Verify that the Telematics system and features meet customer expectations.
- Communicate and document defects with partners and vendors to ensure integrated solutions and prevent future defects..
- Resolve telematics wireless data issues between telematics hardware vendor, wireless provider, and telematics service provider.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- 7-10 years of experience of which at least 2-3 years of directly related experience in automotive, with project management roles and vendor relationship management experience at an automotive OEM.
- Desired to have recent wireless communications experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide variety of vehicle systems.
- Well versed with Agile processes, Jira, Jenkins, and JMeter
- Broad knowledge of in-vehicle electronics including, but not limited to, audio, GPS navigation, Bluetooth, and CAN.
- Working-level knowledge of wireless technology, IT infrastructures, and the aptitude to advance to expert level.
- Ability to effectively document and report issues discovered during test and validation activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work within an international environment.
- High degree of cross functional cooperation & coordination
- Bonus points for experience in a true Agile environment and comfort with
- Familiarity with hardware systems, such as automobile head units, and/or mobile