We are looking for a Sr. UX/UI Designer, who can produce elegant UX and UI designs consistent with the end user's needs and the corporate strategy of the company. We need help with our Vibrent experience which is uniquely engaging for our patients, consumers and their supporters, and we need help creating experiences for our administrators and partners that are elegant and clean.
This role is a full time role in our Fairfax, VA office. This position reports to the Creative Director.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with mobile phone technology and has a passion for making a difference in peoples lives.
- Create visual solutions for web, mobile, and tablet devices that thrill and empower users
- Deep experience in designs for multiple Native mobile apps for iOS and Android over several versions of operating system versions. Understanding of Apple and Google design best practices and interactions.
- Consistently deliver stunning, high-quality work
- Use findings from user research to create designs that satisfy user goals and optimize engagement
- Collaborate with interaction designers and front end developers to create working prototypes and optimal interactions for delivered products
- Follow, maintain, and expand visual pattern libraries and style guide.
- Develop visual comps and visual design of complex interactions
- Ability to conceive multiple distinct visual concepts for a single challenge
- Champion great ideas verbally and by creating design artifacts that communicate complex ideas clearly
- Creates designs that inform and prompt action through strategic display of photography, text elements, editorial copy, and interface elements
- Arrives at exceptional, workable solutions under tight deadlines
- Continuously improve products by optimizing business performance and user satisfaction
- Communicate progress and direction to outside teams
- Lead and participate in group brainstorming
- Direct and manage the work of other visual designers
Our perfect candidate:
- Has 5-10 years of graphic and information design for digital products
- Has experience directing the work of other visual designers for digital products
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
- Is an expert in Sketch and the Adobe CS tools for Mac
- Mastery of basics of design including Typography, Color Theory, Layout and User Centered Design principles
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously in an Agile development environment
- Has a strong understanding of the latest web technologies and their capabilities
- Understands the concepts of usability engineering practices and how they apply to visual design
- Designs for modularity, internationalization, accessibility, and product expansion
- Collaborates effectively with interaction designers, product managers, and developers
- Ideally has a strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web standards
- Is *not* primarily a print designer - we love them, but we're looking for digital designers
- Is willing to ask for help when needed, provide critical feedback to others, and champion the importance of quality design to developers and product managers
- Has a stellar portfolio and lives to show it off
Candidate must be a US Citizen or green card holder.
We offer a total compensation package, growth opportunities, convenient northern Virginia location, stability and longevity as we are fully funded through a large grant for the next 5 years. We enjoy working with the latest tools and technologies including enterprise mobile apps, fitness sensors, medical devices, cloud computing, machine learning, big data and analytics. We partner with national leaders in healthcare, technology and research.
Vibrent is an exciting and innovative B2B2C SaaS-based mobile health technology company that stands at the epicenter of a global transformation in healthcare. We are seeking talented and experienced professionals who are highly motivated to be a part of something special. We are proud to be the chosen system for the Participant Technology Center of the White Houses high profile Precision Medicine Initiative: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/01/30/fact-sheet-president-obama-s-precision-medicine-initiative