Red Oak Technologies is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher for a premier omnichannel retailer San Francisco Bay Area.
*Please write a short summary of your experience and skills as they pertain to this particular job when you apply.
Our Client is looking for a (Sr) – user experience researcher to plan and deliver impactful studies that bring the voice of the customer to life. We are looking for someone who can work as a primary customer “go to” person with strong organizational skills. You will design and execute user research studies, utilizing your broad knowledge of user experience and methodological expertise. The goal of our research team is to develop deeper understandings of our customers, and deliver findings that can translate insights into action. You will have a passion for customer knowledge, and a strong drive to understand and support our customers, individually and socially. Communication and team player important .
Plan and execute studies, including lab and remote unmoderated testing, field studies, usability inspections (cognitive walk-though, heuristic reviews) and other user research.
• Develop and manage effective research processes that fit well into the overall discovery and definition process.
• Ability to work in a fast –paced lean/agile environment.
• Work with UX Architects, Product Managers, and key stakeholders to develop a research approach, schedule, and detailed test plan.
• Synthesize findings to inform a better understanding of our customers, give insight into business value, and identify potential usability issues and design opportunities.
• Communicate analysis, recommendations, and potential design solutions verbally and through documentation.
• Present findings to the project team and key stakeholders including business owners, senior executives, product managers, visual designers, and other UX team members.
• Identify opportunities for non-project-based studies to further understand our customers.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on our customers.
Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Cognitive or Social Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors or related discipline or equivalent education
• 5+ years of hands on experience conducting user experience research
• Experience with remote testing tools (usertesting.com)
• Experience executing lean research .
• Experience managing and coordinating user research resources and tools
• Familiarity with a variety of research methodologies including usability testing, contextual inquiries, focus groups, surveys, unmoderated and remote studies, diary studies, etc
• Ideal candidates will also have experience with customer-facing web sites, mobile, and tablet (online retail site experience is a plus)
• Experience with wireframe and prototyping tools is a plus
ONLY local candidates to SF Bay Area PLEASE - who can attend in-Person interviews at their own expense – NOT Skype.
2001 Gateway Place Suite 150W San Jose, CA, 95110Contact