Tyler Technologies has an immediate opening for a Senior User Experience Designer. This role requires the ability to identify and create design system patterns, components, design tokens and recipes, that are appropriate and consumable by app dev teams across the organization. This role will have special focus on promoting the adoption of design systems across the organization. Location
Plano, Texas | Troy, MichiganTravel
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Communicate rationale behind the user experience direction.
- Utilize a systems-thinking approach for design, using frameworks to make design decisions that consider a broad range of products.
- Contribute to new patterns and concepts for the design system informed by a strong understanding front end development best practices.
- Lead user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Translate concepts into mockups and coded prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Create prototypes which communicate the product vision to executives and clients.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with teams comprised of developers, business analysts, stakeholders and other UX design team members.
- Promote communication and collaboration between the engineering and the UX design teams.
- Facilitate design to development handoff through prototypes, demos, and specifications.
- Promote all facets of the user centered design lifecycle, from prototype to implementation.
- Provide valuable insight into user interface design best practices.
- Mentor and encourage junior team members.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree in interface design, interaction design, human-computer interaction or equivalent is required.
- Minimum five to seven years design experience is required.
- Extensive user interface prototyping experience, with proficiency utilizing tools such as Figma, Invision and Sketch.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Exposure to Agile Methodology and practices desired.
- Comfortable with autonomy to work on impactful design projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-discipline team comprised of sales, product, UX and development team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.