Meridian Cooperative is hiring a Windows Systems Engineer to help lead the Vision 2025 mission in our Dunwoody, GA office.
The company was formed in 1976 by a group of Electric Membership Cooperatives with a vision for a single enterprise solution provider to serve data processing, IT, and operational needs to cooperatives, public utility districts, and municipal utilities. Through carefully curated acquisitions and partnerships, our company has unified multiple leading-edge companies under its umbrella in order to truly execute that vision. Today, the Meridian Co-op Suite serves over 500 utilities across the country with industry leading enterprise software solutions.
This person will provide expert judgment and analysis for the designing, developing, supporting, and maintaining the organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software. Develop strategies to improve software and hardware technology and develop software programs within the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and ower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Security
- 7 - 10 years of experience as a Window Systems Engineer
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting in Windows based environments.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (i.e. IIS, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, etc.)
- Cloud experience
- Experience with virtualization and containerization Microsoft Hyper-V
- Advanced experience with automation software (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Advanced scripting skills (i.e. Windows PowerShell, bash shell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
Guided by our Vision 2025 strategy, our leaders have developed 5 stretch goals to achieve a best-in-class organization for our members, customers, and employees.
It is a priority that our future team member embraces these goals and demonstrate the behaviors to guide the company to realize success:
- Act as One Unified Company
- Put Our Members/Customers First in All We Do
- Be Known for Our Innovative Products and People
- Grow our Reputation and Market Share
- Compete on Culture