Apex Systems is looking for a Sr. WordPress Developer to work for one of our clients in the San Diego area.
This is a contract-to-hire role. Please apply to the posting if you're interested in learning more. What's the job all about?
- Develops high performance, highly scalable, custom themes and plugin applications for WordPress.
- Is obsessed with quality, detail-oriented, and has a proven track record of coding pixel-perfect responsive layouts from Photoshop, Illustrator or Adobe XD files.
- Has a deep understanding of web development technologies.
- Will work closely with project managers and designers to develop websites and web applications.
- Has a strong desire to continue improving their skills and stay on the cutting edge of web development.
This creative teammate will have:
What we can offer you!
- An associate or bachelor's degree (preferred)
- 5-7 years' experience sailing the "development seas"
- Proven, thorough knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues, Adobe Photoshop, CSS grids & frameworks (Bootstrap, Flexbox, etc.)
- A good understanding of PHP objects and classes; knowledge with Advanced Custom Fields is a plus
- Proficient with command line for streamlined development (Git, Gulp, etc.)
- Proficient with CSS preprocessors like SASS
- Experienced in API integration
- HubSpot and Pardot experience are a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of technical SEO best practices
- Developing email templates using frameworks like MJML is a plus
In addition of having the opportunity to work for a company that was named one of San Diego's Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in both 2018 and 2019:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Work-from-Home Wednesday *
- Free lunch Fridays *
- Fun company events
- Limitless supply of healthy and "not-so-healthy" snacks *
- Weekly happy hours on our deck overlooking the marina! *
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or