About the role:
The Senior Development Lead is the code SME and guides teams to build and support clients systems, applications, and platforms. This Senior Enterprise Software Development Manager role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible for leading teams responsible for designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Senior Enterprise Software Development Manager understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications. The Senior Enterprise Development Manager will work with global resources and lead a team of experienced developers. The Senior Enterprise Development Manager will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. This role understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Enterprise Software Development Manager.
- At least 15 years' experience writing Java/J2EE, .NET, or SOA code and leading large development teams
- Masterful at XML and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Hands on expertise supporting web operations, network, server infrastructure, most notably across multiple geographically distributed data centers
- Extensive experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Experience in guiding a team of developers from project initiation through deployment
- A current portfolio demonstrating extensive expertise in executing technical deep-dives on software design, code, and test artifacts- Experience is crafting detailed design specifications as well as test plans for unit and integration testing
- A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- An advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Demonstrated mastery working with object-oriented programming (OOP) and design principles
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical specifications and designs as well as estimate the amount of effort necessary to complete the tasks
• 2+ years of software development utilizing industry standard design patterns in common languages such as Java. Demonstrated experience with test-driven development techniques (TDD, Junit, mocks).
• Familiarity with 12-factor microservice development patterns
• Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including RESTful APIs or event-based messaging
• Applied experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting
• Applied experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews
• Knowledge of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket) and modern version control for use in continuous deployments
• Competency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle and/or Postgres experience a plus. NoSQL experience with Cassandra a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery w/Spring, Spring Boot
• Experience building and maintaining highly automated CI and CD pipelines leveraging technologies such as Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS), Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, SonarQube
• Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
• Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.). Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Big Data technologies and developing in Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Python
• Experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
Experience supporting applications in Production
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or