Job Purpose or Scope: We are seeking a senior mobile application developer to join our operations development team. Operational projects are focused around re platforming legacy systems operating core functions of our business to modern technologies. This includes systems managing schedule planning, driver planning, dispatching, iOS driver app, arrival / departure monitors, etc.)
This position requires experience using modern technologies and development practices, creative problem-solving skills, understating of different environments, and strong leadership skills. It is important this individual has an agile mindset and a proven track record of mentoring and helping grow high performing development teams.
List in order of
1) Working collaboratively as part of an Agile Development Team and be an active team member in scrum ceremonies. Coach and mature teams implementation of scrum and assist in guiding us to be a high performing team.
2) Core contributor in team meetings on planning, development, testing and deployment of features and epics.
3) Assisting dev team in working with product owner and customers to understand user stories, technical design requirements, and resolving issues related to functionality and performance.
4) Writing well documented, functional code leveraging modern development practices resulting in advanced, secure mobile applications
5) Building fully automated build and release pipelines to automate compilation, unit test execution, and source control integration leveraging Azure DevOps services.
6) Learning independently to advance individual and team knowledge
7) Sharing development responsibilities, assists, trains and mentors team members to meet sprint challenges. Working effectively in paired programming.
8) Participating in code reviews, designing solutions and complex issue research with the development team.
9) Assisting in testing efforts by evaluating failed test cases and performing appropriate coding fixes.
10) Assisting the application support team with application troubleshooting as needed during major outages.
Experience & Skills Required: 5 - 8 years Demonstrated experience with objective c (iOS) mobile application programming.
Experience with leading and training development team.
Understanding of SQL and relational databases. (mssql, PostgreSQL, etc.)
Expert-level experience with source control tools. (git)
Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
Expert-level experience with the Agile development methodology.
Preference for test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior.
Ability to learn new programming languages and concepts quickly.
Ability to work independently, perform under pressure and adapt to change.
A knowledge of security best practices in mobile software, especially preventing CSRF, XSS, and SQL injection attacks.
Mobile technologies- Objective C, SWIFT. Xamarin is a plus
Relational Databases SQL Server 20012/2014/2016
Microsoft Technologies- Visual Basic, Azure DevOps Pipelines, Azure DevOps Repos. .NET Core, ASP.Net, C# is a plus.
Other Technologies Java is a plus
4919 Mckinney Ave Dallas, TX, 75205Contact