Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to Perform Specification, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance. Other tasks as directed by line or Project Manager.
* Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
* Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
* Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
* Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
* Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
* Production of efficient and fully documented code.
* Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
* Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
* Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timescales as defined by the Project Manager
* Ability to work with little day to day supervision from project and/or line manager Quality and Adherence to Standards
* Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification.
* Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
* Peer review and sign-off of others work
* Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
* Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
* Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
* Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
* Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards
* Use RxSwift to develop cutting edge application
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
* Typically has completed a Bachelor's Degree or relevant Technical / Business Experience
* Typically has 4-8 years experience
* Very little or no travel is required
* Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
Department: Software Development