Header for Job Board posts
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. to Lead Perception Engineer - Autonomous Robotics Startup
San Francisco, CA
The company's product is in the realms of robotics, logistics, and outdoor autonomous vehicles / robots. They have raised a large round of funding from top investors, and their team is comprised of world class engineers.
In this position, you would be setting the technical direction for perception technology at the company. You'd primarily be a hands-on individual contributor, but depending on your experience you could also be leading 2 perception engineers on day one. You would also be growing and shaping the perception team as the company grows.
In addition to paying competitive salary (up to $200k), they will offer equity which could be very lucrative.
- Working with lidar, radar, and camera.
- Programming in C++
- Developing algorithms to enable autonomous systems to understand and navigate safely. That will involve detecting, tracking, and predicting the motion of pedestrians and vehicles, as well as characterizing obstacles and terrain.
- Designing a safe system by identifying failure modes and fallback methods.
- Moving quickly between evaluating potential solutions, rapidly prototyping, and building and integrating production-ready versions.
- At least 5 years of industry experience designing and implementing perception systems for detection, classification, and tracking
- Experience with perception systems either on a mobile robot or autonomous vehicle
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience creating real-time perception algorithms
- Experience in areas such as object detection, recognition, tracking, filtering, or prediction
- Solid skills in programming and algorithm design
Nice to have:
- Leadership experience
- A Master s or PhD in computer science or similar
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Torch, Theano, TensorFlow, etc.
- Experience with computer vision, pose estimation, probabilistic filtering, SLAM, and 3D data
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: