Immediate need for a talented Sr. Automation Engineer with experience in the Telecom Industry.
This is a 3+ Months Contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Allen, TX. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 21-17845
Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. The technical skills include the ability to design software or customize software for client use.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- 5+ years experience required. Responsibility level: Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and approve test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures. Review and approve testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
- Review documentation of software defects and assign software developers to investigate and resolve the issue. Review and approve test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback. In depth understanding of different layers of testing (API, Database, WebApps).
- Works with product management, development and quality assurance teams to help define and implement automation suites, test harnesses, white box test suites and testing.
- Required working knowledge of Test Management Tool (HP ALM or other), Test Automation Framework (Selenium, accelQ), Team Foundation Server (Visual Studio), API Testing (REST-Assured, SOAPUI, Postman, JMeter), Database Tools (Microsoft visual studio, JDeveloper, Oracle), and Jenkins for CI/CD.
Our client is a leading Telecom Industry and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.