The Senior BI/ DWH Analyst is responsible for assisting in the design, development, and maintenance of data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet an enterprise’s business analysis and reporting needs.
He/ she must follow client's’ approved software development life cycle methodologies including Agile, Scaled Agile (SAFe®) and all processes as required from time to time.
- Title: Sr. Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Analyst
- Duration: Long Term
- Location: Rockville, MD
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Develop a practical roadmap for an enterprise-wide Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence reporting and analytics platform.
- Assist in the design, development, modeling and implementation of data warehouse solutions.
- Maintain business intelligence models to design, develop and generate both standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Serve as technical team lead in the development of a comprehensive enterprise-wide data warehousing solution with business intelligence reports and analysis, providing mentoring, guidance and troubleshooting to assist team members in solving complex reporting and analytical problems.
- Manage reporting environment including report data sources, security, subscriptions and metadata.
- Assist in the research, review and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of existing data mining and reporting procedures.
- Participate in evaluating new technologies to ensure the advancement of technology, architecture and data within organization Business Intelligence needs.
- Assist in the development of ETL packages from simple to complex using Talend in an Oracle SQL and PL/SQL environment.
- Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Apply standard coding practices and industry standards.
- Apply Section 508/ Accessibility Standards compliant software development methodologies where necessary.
B: EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 6-8 years of related current work experience.
- Data Warehousing design, data analysis, migration strategies, data refresh strategies and data governance experience is required.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle database concepts, database architecture and PL/SQL is required.
- Proven experience developing effective data solutions using both community and commercial editions of IZENDA, Tableau, QlikSense, YellowFin or Pentaho (Client currently uses IZENDA) is required.
- Experience in integration of BI Portlets/ Widgets into JSP/ Struts 2/ HTML (embedded BI) is required.
- Experience using ETL solutions like TALEND, ODI or Informatica (Client currently uses TALEND) is required.
- Experience integrating BI solutions with Liferay Portal is preferred.
- Experience integrating BI solutions with OPEN SAML.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Experience writing complex queries, program units and performance tuning in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
C: EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and/or MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- BI Certification (e.g., CBIP, Oracle BI, Tableau, QlikSense) and/ or Data Warehouse Certification (e.g., Oracle, IBM) is desirable
- Talend Data Integration v6 Certified Developer is desirable
D: COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
This job requires interaction with scientists, program managers, senior executives, end-users, programming staff, administration, and support personnel. The ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both verbally and in written documents is critical.