The Senior Developer/Analyst participates in the full development life cycle of business software including design, development, unit/load testing, deployment and maintenance of a software system and implementation of business software for the enterprise. Provides expertise in one or more programming specialties such as server-side web presentation technologies.
- Analyzes, designs, and builds component-based application
- Designs and develops software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Writes software programming applications working on new and existing applications along with enhancements to web sites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- Works with Business Analysts to ensure programming code meets business requirements.
- Consults with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develops specifications and performance requirements and resolves customer problems.
- Coordinates installation of software system.
- Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in RDBMS, especially DB2, SQL
- Experience with WebLogic server, message queues
- Knowledge of ETL tools specially Informatica is desired
- Conversant with dev Ops stack such as repository manager, Gradle, VSTS, GitHub
- Ability to apply knowledge of data warehousing technologies (Informatica, MicroStrategy)
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to be careful and thorough with detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work related issues and problems.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- May be required to relocate based on business needs
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
5+ (or Master’s degree & 3+) years related experience including application design, software development, maintenance and delivery