Position: SAP Basis Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12+ Months
Intermediate professional level ITS SAP Basis Engineering position. The IT SAP Basis Engineer works as a team member to provide Level 2 support, makes recommendations, supports and may lead projects, and participates in and may lead the development and/or research of advanced technologies. The IT SAP Basis Engineer provides ongoing infrastructure support, analyzing the SAP use/design and participates in future planning of infrastructure. Works independently with limited supervision and may provide technical guidance and assistance to less experienced IT Engineers and ITS personnel. Assignments are received in the form of results expected; within operating policies and procedures. Incumbent has the discretion to select from alternative approaches; decisions may involve changes to normal work processes. Span of control: 0; this is an individual contributor job.
- 5+ years with SAP NetWeaver v7.4 (or higher) – REQUIRED
- 5+ years with SAP ECC v6.0 EHP 7.4 (or higher) - REQUIRED
- 5+ years with SAP SRM v7.0 (or higher) - REQUIRED
- 5+ years with SAP Portal v7.4 (or higher) - REQUIRED
- 5+ years with SAP PO v7.4 (or higher) – REQUIRED
- 2+ years with SAP HANA – OPTIONAL
- 5+ years with SAP Fiori – REQUIRED
- 5+ years with SAP Renewal or SuccessFactors – OPTIONAL
- 5+ years with SAP Solution Manager v7.1 (or higher) – REQUIRED
- 5+ years with AIX OS 6.1 (or higher) – REQUIRED
- 5+ years with LINUX – OPTIONAL
- 5+ years with DB2 v10.5 (or higher) – REQUIRED
- NetWeaver administrator certification – OPTIONAL
- Experience with writing UNIX scripts – OPTIONAL
- Experience participating in SAP ECC, SRM, Portal, and/or PO new installs or upgrades – OPTIONAL
- Experience with upgrading to Unicode for SAP applications - OPTIONAL
- Experience with homogeneous data refreshes for non-production (development and test) SAP environments – OPTIONAL
- Works as a team member to provide second level engineering support for trouble ticket/problem resolution for SAP; provides problem definition and resolution using existing procedures; may develop and enhance SAP procedures.
- Participate in designing hardware and software architectures for Open Systems Client Server or Object Oriented Web based environments and in the development and/or research of advanced technologies in areas such as "n-tier" Client/Server computer, Internet and web technologies, Open Systems computing standards Open Systems Hardware vendor products and services, participate in process design and documentation and provide application tool support.
- Supports and may lead projects to ensure on-time and in-budget implementation to support the achievement of business unit strategic plans.
- Makes recommendations regarding development / definition / management of process design standards and new technologies and techniques for managing SAP resources in the areas of disk management, backup and recovery of systems, as well as system performance and capacity planning, participates in and may lead research of advanced technologies.
- Provides configurations for server infrastructure support and assistance for new SAP applications and business projects to ensure integration into the existing infrastructure; consults with application teams on proper design and use of technologies and tools; provides input on configurations for server infrastructure support.
- Actively seeks opportunities, participates in, and may lead continuous improvement initiatives of internal processes, procedures, and standards.
- May interface with vendors and participate in evaluations of external vendor solutions for applicability to business needs; may lead Pilot Technology projects to assess applicability of technologies to the enterprise.
- Remains current with existing technologies relevant to area of responsibility.
- Works as a team member, utilizes team building skills on multiple teams and may lead teams. Supports multiple internal clients.
- Assists with and participates in formal presentations; develops and delivers informal presentations.
- Provides planning and time estimates for own assignments and assists other team members with planning; creates and maintains project work plans as needed.
- Works reliably and independently; takes ownership of problems in own area of knowledge and expertise for the quality of own work and team output; provides guidance and technical training to less experienced SAP Basis Engineering staff and IT personnel.
- High School or GED and the knowledge & capabilities typically acquired through 5-plus years of network engineering experience performing similar responsibilities OR
- Associate degree in an applicable information technology discipline and the knowledge & capabilities typically acquired through 3-plus years of business unit-related experience performing similar responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable information technology discipline and the knowledge & capabilities typically acquired through 3-plus years of business unit-related experience performing similar responsibilities
- May require initial and/or periodic drug or fitness for duty testing; the physical ability to work in a power plant environment (e.g. climb stairs, work in hot, confined environments); and flexibility to perform on-call responsibilities to provide off-hours support as scheduled.
- Srikanth Nambaru
- firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 678-648-6201
OpenLogix Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OpenLogix does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws