E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants – over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for monitoring and managing E*TRADE online applications. The primary role is to ensure high availability of the applications running in the datacenter. This multi-faceted position employs the skills of the associate to design, implement, maintain, and support a variety of applications and systems
● Monitoring, optimizing and managing of UNIX/Linux OS, system hardware and application performance
● Perform application upgrades, patches, be able to identify and troubleshoot bugs that involved Tuxedo, Tomcat and Apache
● Be ready to lead and coordinate teams during system/application outages and execute tasks accordingly to minimize impact.
● Attend project meeting and provide input to Project Managers/developers based on Systems Operations perspective, as well as planning for production launch execution.
● Identify tasks which require automation and deploy automated process to minimize human intervention
● Management of Corporate common network services, i.e. DNS and DHCP services
● Enrolling users and maintaining system security
● Backup and recovery of OS and application information
● Weekend coverage rotation
● 2-5 years’ experience in Unix/Linux systems administration
● Strong system/application trouble-shooting skills
● Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions on system performance and trends
● Ability to write mini-scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, shell)
● Strong communication skills
● Ability to work in a team environment, as well as individually with minimal supervision
● Good interpersonal skills
● Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
● Works well under pressure, in a very fast paced working environment
● Manages time effectively and according to priorities
● Comfortable with many aspects of UNIX systems administration i.e. system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
● Strong knowledge of web and middleware based technologies a plus
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING● BS degree in Computer Science preferred
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits
to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.