At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our IT teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original, and truly unlike what anyone else can.
This job will be in the Network-facing Operational Support Systems (OSS Domain). The categories within OSS that the chosen candidate will need to support and be familiar with will be Service Delivery, Resource Management, Service and Resource Assurance and Data Management.
Navigating an ambiguous future, our mission is clear. We adapt to, and drive, change for all. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical knowledge in the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of enterprise information systems;
- In the Service Delivery subdomain, provide technical leadership by closely working with the Product Owner, Architect, and Business Subject Matter Experts to understand the business needs for Order Management systems;
- Help engineers/developers that are globally distributed to arrive at detailed requirements/user-stories or tasks for implementation in the chosen frameworks;
- Lead and perform code analysis and reviews;
- Analyze information system requirements, create designs, and provide documentation by utilizing company specified tools and methodologies;
- Either understand 5G network or demonstrate ability to pick domain expertise up;
- Understand and deliver micro-orchestration solutions;
- Understand and implement vendor orchestration solutions;
- Showcase ability to articulate new-age thinking in solutioning of software products;
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications according to business specifications using Java-based technologies in a cloud-native environment;
- Perform critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas;
- Install software products / programs for end users as required;
- Provide information system technology solutions by adhering to DISH-prescribed life-cycle tools and methodologies;
- Update SOX process documentation quarterly as required, complete quarterly SPOQ questionnaires as required and perform/monitor required SOX controls as described in Tutor documentation;
- Perform other duties as required: This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Additionally, the following supervisory responsibilities may also be required:
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Based on the position hired for, the candidate may need to supervise either directly or indirectly.
- In the 'lead' capacity, he/she will likely need to mentor juniors in the same job family and also do the same with our global teams when it comes to domain knowledge.
A successful Staff Analyst / Developer will have the following:
- 6+ years' progressive experience in Software Development and Analysis;
- BA/BS Degree in a technical or business discipline (Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting); MA/MS Degree preferred;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures or government policy;
- Ability to write reports/correspondence/procedure manuals, present information and respond to questions from managers/customers/general public;
- Proficient understanding of coding methods, patterns and best practices using multiple coding languages including but not limited to: Java/J2EE, C#, C++, Perl, Shell scripting, BPMN frameworks, PL/SQL;
- Knowledge of data and database management;
- Domain experience is preferred to span one or more limbs of OSS - Service Delivery, Inventory Management, Service Management, Data Management and Device Management;
- Experience in researching new software, frameworks and technology products preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team oriented, collaborative environment with both local and global teammates and stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute under high pressure dynamic environment.
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.