TITLE: Staff Aug - Civil/Structural Engineer 3 (PE, ANSYS, ASCE 43/4, ACI 349/318, ASCE 7, IBC, AISC N690, Seismic, Steel Construction )
LOCATION: Corvallis, OR
CONTRACT: 6 Months Plus
PER DIEM EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT
MUST BE ONSITE in CORVALLIS, OR
*****THIS CONTRACT POSITION HAS AN ANTICIPATED DURATION OF 6 MONTHS. ONBOARDING AND ORIENTATION WILL TAKE PLACE AT OUT CORVALLIS OFFICE.
ANTICIPATE AN INITIAL 1-2 WEEKS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ASSIGNMENT TO BE IN CORVALLIS FULL-TIME.
AFTER THE INITIAL 2-WEEK PERIOD WORK MAY BE PERFORMED REMOTELY WITH TRAVEL TO CORVALLIS AS NEEDED.*****
Applies technical knowledge, insight, reasoning, and decision making to perform civil structural analyses of Nuclear Safety-Related and Non-Safety-Related SSCs. Candidates should possess a strong analytical background, and be proficient in finite element analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses structural engineering tools and implements appropriate standards to analyze, and review Nuclear Safety-Related and Non-Safety-Related SSCs including linear and nonlinear structural analyses for various material types (concrete, steel, etc).
- Interacts with other disciplines and structural engineering consultants in an effort to allow effective coordination of design activities and resolution of technical problems. Individuals should possess or acquire general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields in order to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develops requirements documents, methodology documents, design reports, and studies.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills and routinely interacts with contractors and/or regulatory bodies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization, setting expectations and requirements and achieving accountability of supervised personnel. Leads consensus by involving all stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution.
- Safety Culture: Adheres to the Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited school is required. An advanced degree is preferred. A registered professional engineer license (P.E.) is strongly preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of nuclear/non-nuclear experience as a Structural Design Engineer is required. Additional required experience in the following areas:
- Design and analysis of structures, including concrete and steel, use of design software and finite element method analyses.
- Working with the following codes: ASCE 43, ASCE 4, ACI 349 & 318, ASCE 7, IBC, and AISC N690, Steel Construction Manual and Seismic Design Manual.
- Use of ANSYS and SAP2000 is not required, but preferred.
- Computer programing skills (e.g. Matlab, or Python) is not required, but preferred.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
- Overall Job Knowledge and Performance: In-depth understanding of engineering concepts, principles, theories. Good organizational skills.
- Skills: Strong technical writing skills. Good communication, computer, presentation and interpersonal skills. Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.