At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Are you is passionate about making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems? If so, this may be the role for you! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
has an immediate need for an experienced Staff Cloud Systems Engineer
whose primary responsibility will be working with other program engineers to design, prototype, and implement robust, secure systems using cloud computing services and modern engineering tools. The secondary responsibility for this position is working with and leading other engineers across the organization to maintain legacy systems. The Systems Engineer is expected to work under minimal supervision.
This position will be based in Dulles, VA.
- An active Top Secret SCI with active Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree and 14 Years relevant experience, or 12 Years with Master's degree; or 9 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years is required in lieu of degree.
- Able to quickly self-learn new technologies and should be passionate when it comes to making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems.
- Experience with integrating open source frameworks/products, experience deploying various open source packages and /or application stacks into the sponsor's production system.
- Experience working across different layers of the IT infrastructure (e.g. network, storage, platform, middleware, database, and application).
- A diverse IT background, strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team and at times in a highly autonomous manner, and be able to mentor others as needed.
- Experience and excellent understanding with MS Windows Server (e.g. 2008-R1, 2012-R2, 2016-R2) environments and be able to build, configure, and maintain via Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Strong understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring, SNMP, Relational Databases (e.g. Ganglia, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, SolarWinds, NoSQL and Caching Layers such as Memcache etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix
- Experience and excellent understanding of information security practices (e.g. cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, INFOSEC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark Compliance, OS hardening).
- Strong understanding of underlying storage for Linux (LVM), storage network protocols (e.g. NAS, NFS, CIFS, etc.), and clustered or pooled virtualization concepts from leading platforms (e.g. XenServer, HyperV, VMware, etc.).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.