At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators, who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we will support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you will have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
is seeking a talented self-motivated Staff Cyber Software Engineer - Microservices SME
to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Dulles, VA
The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principals and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software. Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions that results in compelling easy to use products in support of mission critical systems.
- Conducts independent, multidisciplinary research and collaborates with designers and/or engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Works and participates in a Scrum team utilizing agile methodology best practices to deliver high quality products.
- An active Top Secret with SCI and Polygraph clearance
- 14 years of experience and a BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, System Engineering, Business or a related discipline. Or, 12 years and a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- Extensive experience with AWS, developing micro-services in a cloud environment
- Experience in Angular, Java/J2EE and foundational knowledge of object-oriented design and software patterns.
- Experience developing and maintaining full stack web applications
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to create documentation
- Have good communication skills
- Ability to formulate and articulate an approach to solve problems
- Ability to work independently; is a self-starter
- Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), Agile Software
- Experience presenting and defending application designs and development patterns to customers
- Experience with one of more of the following: Maven, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Oracle/Postgres, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, and Angular is preferred.
- Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new solutions
- Experience developing and maintaining Web Service Protocols, REST API's, and JSON is preferred.
- Experience developing and maintaining web applications while addressing accessibility concerns is preferred.
- Cloud experience, specifically AWS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated initiative developing his/her technical career
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.